This is a Call of Shame with an agent of the criminal organization known as the Internal Revenue Service. I’m posting this because while it’s not the best quality or my best work, it’s very instructive. This agent uses some of the most common dodges used by the political criminal class. I go through them below and discuss how I deal with them. Once again though, the agent, instead of providing evidence to support his claim, just hangs up on me.
Because nothing says credibility like hanging up on someone. Evidence? let me hang this phone up real quick. Forcing people to pay you means never having to bother with petty things such as evidence and good faith.
1. Deliberately misstating my question/position. This dishonest tactic is a favorite with government types, probably because it doesn’t require any intelligence. When you can’t answer the question, ignore it and answer a question that wasn’t asked under the impression we’re so stupid we won’t notice. I’m talking about a lack of evidence, the agent, as if I was not very clear, states,
You’re saying that he doesn’t have to file or pay taxes, cuz what it only like corporations that are supposed to be assessed a tax or something like that?
I didn’t even use the word corporation; where is he getting this? Probably because he knows about frivolous legal arguments and by raising this straw man he can easily knock it down.
He then confirms the claim that if you’re physically in California, then the laws apply. We get there after he initially disagrees with my use of California, implying just being in California doesn’t mean the constitution and US code apply.
He insists that if one is physically in the United States, then the constitution and laws apply. I don’t care about the definitions of United States, all I care about is the claim that my physical location means the constitution and laws apply. I stick to issues of fact, not law and legal interpretations.
2. Flipping the burden. When the accuser lacks evidence and the honesty to admit he has no evidence, then they may try flipping the burden of proof on the one asking the questions. While that did not actually happen here, it is very common and you should never allow it to happen.
The agent here was just being snarky in an attempt to derail the questioning. I asked if he had evidence to support his claim and he says,
Do you [Marc]?
Though this question provided me a great opportunity to lay on some sarcasm, I resisted the urge as I didn’t want to get further from my question, so I just pointed out I was not making the argument.
Trying to shift the burden again, the agent asks if we run red lights. Don’t fall for this, it is not relevant to whether there is evidence the laws apply because of your physical location. [As mentioned in the video, the picture is not the agent I spoke with, it’s John Koskinen, his boss the commissioner.]
3. Call your question an argument. After the agent talks about me having to go higher on the political pecking order, he pulls out the standard political dodge: label the question as an argument:
It’s an argument that’s never going to, an argument, I’ve been doing this a long time, and if the taxpayer is on the line, it’s an argument he’s never going to win.
Always point out you haven’t presented an argument, you’ve asked a question. They don’t care, but we’re proving bad faith by giving them a chance to be honest. They tend to stick with bad faith as criminals are known to do.
4. Circular logic, begging the question. I ask again, wanting only a yes or no if he has evidence or not, and the agent says to look in the code. He also claims “it’s all interpretation.” I point out he is not answering the question, mine is an issue of fact, he keeps insisting it’s an issue of law as if they are the same thing.
I ask him again for a “yes or no” only for his evidence supporting his claim. All he can do is say,
It’s written in the code. You have the interpretation in the code.
Because evidence the constitution is written in the code. Even if we give him a pass on this silly answer, exactly how could a code written in 1913 prove a written instrument from 1787 applies to me? This should demonstrate why just asking questions is so effective at discrediting these criminals.
I wrote it’s circular because they argue the law (because magic?) applies to everyone just because it is written down.
5. I’m not going to argue with you. Predictably, the agent, knowing he’s not going to get away with alleging magic words, shifts back to this tactic that already failed him,
I’m not going to argue with you.
Asking a question is not arguing. Does this really need to be pointed out? When they pull this crap on you remind them you are only asking a question. If they insist you’re arguing, then ask them what the argument is. This is a dishonest tactic by a criminal to avoid answering a question. They just can’t be honest and why expect honesty and good faith from a criminal?
Don’t let them get away with this, object if in court, if not, call them on it and ask the question again. You may have to ask them, “Are you deliberately calling my question an argument so you can avoid answering the question?”
6. Not representing the taxpayer. This is the authority dodge, fairly common also. It’s completely irrelevant especially since I already had the third party authorization, the only reason he was talking to me at all.
When the dishonest get asked for their evidence, evidence they know they don’t have, then they dodge the question by questioning our “authority”. Do not answer their question, point out it is irrelevant and ask for the evidence again.
I tell the agent if he doesn’t answer the question I’ll have my client ask him directly so he’ll be out of excuses. He refuses claiming he doesn’t want to argue. So instead he just dodges the question and wastes our time. Of course when I point out what an argument really is, he hangs up.
You should be able to recognize the typical dodges to direct questions about evidence. Don’t fall for it or give them a pass. The only reason they do this is because they know they cannot provide a shred of evidence proving their constitution and laws apply to us because of our physical location.
They (“governments”) are just men and women forcing us to pay them. There is no proof their “laws” apply to any of us. If you disagree, then please present your proof either by calling a live No State Project Broadcast, posting on the forum, or posting a video.