MarcStevens.net Forum

Full Version: Would you eat this sh!t?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to Soylent Green, may I take your order? :biggrinblue:
Yep, the harvest of nutrients from various bacteria is best way to let the world population break the 10 billion mark, and the only way for it to break the 100 billion mark.

Why would be want this many people you ask. First is the fact that twice the people in the division of labor will be more than twice as productive. Secondly the more minds you have working on solving problems and doing research, you accelerate the accelerating rate of scientific advancement.

Also with current birth trends it seems that the growth won't come from a lot of births, but from people living a lot longer.
WorBlux Wrote:Yep...
Haha. Am I to believe you would personally eat one of these turd burgers? Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is...and your poo their too?
Kel Wrote:
WorBlux Wrote:Yep...
Haha. Am I to believe you would personally eat one of these turd burgers? Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is...and your poo their too?

There is the emotional and the intellectual. Cheese is rotten milk. Kimchee is rotten cabbage. There are numerous other instances of wonderful food products which result from bacterial digestion. Beer and wine are also examples. We seem to have a natural, genetic predisposition against eating feces which is probably well based upon selection (by death, of course) against this practice. But on the rational side of things, there is no inherent reason that the emotional has to win out over the rational. I'm reminded of the reaction of small boys to the idea of kissing girls. EEEEeeeeew! YUCK! (Not that the reaction of older boys has anything to do with reason over emotion, of course.)

One of the many choices Arron Ralston made which allowed him to survive his experience in the Utah slot canyon where he had to cut his own arm off was the fact that he was smart enough to save his own urine and "reprocess" it several times during the days he was there. By the way, there is spozed to be a new movie out of his ordeal which has been proclaimed as even better than his book, which was utterly amazing.

- NonE
NonEntity Wrote:But on the rational side of things, there is no inherent reason that the emotional has to win out over the rational.
I understand what you're getting at. I just can't imagine ever bringing myself to eat fecal matter, my own or anothers. If you wish to do so, be my guest.

NonEntity Wrote:One of the many choices Arron Ralston made which allowed him to survive his experience in the Utah slot canyon where he had to cut his own arm off was the fact that he was smart enough to save his own urine and "reprocess" it several times during the days he was there. By the way, there is spozed to be a new movie out of his ordeal which has been proclaimed as even better than his book, which was utterly amazing.
Never read the book but I have seen the movie and I thought it was great. And in a survival scenario like that I could very well see myself consuming my own urine, no matter how rank it may be. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Kel Wrote:
NonEntity Wrote:But on the rational side of things, there is no inherent reason that the emotional has to win out over the rational.
I understand what you're getting at. I just can't imagine ever bringing myself to eat fecal matter, my own or anothers. If you wish to do so, be my guest.

I feel quite the same way. I also know that I felt that way about blue cheese at one time.

- NonE

sscharliem

"There are numerous other instances of wonderful food products which result from bacterial digestion. Beer and wine are also examples."

Wonderful food products? That's a matter of opinion.
There are health minded people known as Natural Hygienists who avoid fermented foods and consider them foods to be avoided at all costs.

Beer and wine are drugs and have no food value.
sscharliem Wrote:"There are numerous other instances of wonderful food products which result from bacterial digestion. Beer and wine are also examples."

Wonderful food products? That's a matter of opinion.
There are health minded people known as Natural Hygienists who avoid fermented foods and consider them foods to be avoided at all costs.

A Great Source of Natural Probiotics - Vin Miller
Quote:Fermentation is a simple and natural process used by many ancient cultures to preserve food, promote good digestion, and improve health. The Lactobacillus bacteria responsible for fermentation inhibit the action of the putrefying bacteria that cause food to spoil. These bacteria proliferate during fermentation and can also improve a food’s enzyme content, increase it’s levels of vitamins B, C, and K, deactivate undesirable nutrients such as the protein inhibitors and phytic acid found in soy, and help to release nutrients from food that would otherwise pass through the intestines undigested an not be absorbed.
[right](emphasis mine)[/right]

sscharliem Wrote:Beer and wine are drugs and have no food value.
Resveratrol?

- NonE
In some people fermented foods will trigger migraines. For the rest of us it's delicious and nutritious symbiosis.
NonEntity Wrote:One of the many choices Arron Ralston made which allowed him to survive his experience in the Utah slot canyon where he had to cut his own arm off was the fact that he was smart enough to save his own urine and "reprocess" it several times during the days he was there.

Perhaps that urine did more than just hydrate him....

[youtube]N4QxNnO1yRY[/youtube]
Reference URL's