a vote irony
Current time: 07-24-2014, 10:01 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: eye2i2hear
Last Post: Dionysus
Replies: 23
Views: 4422

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a vote irony
11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Re: a vote irony
Darren Dirt Wrote:it's great to have the kind of mature perspective that you possess...

You'd BETTER stay in another "country" which is FAR TO INHOSPITABLE to visit if you're gonna make comments like that, BOY! :rolleyes2: LOL

- NonE

- NonE .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
NonEntity Wrote:
eye2i2hear Wrote:Because just as obvious as it is not SUPPOSED to be a big deal, it always has been. It's been an open lie. And this is proof that, at least to some level, the lie no longer holds.
And I can appreciate it, I really can. And purely from that perspective, I too rejoice in it.
I hope I'm totally missing it, but its almost like if one truly understood and embraced such as left in the dust, one would see he/she could only celebrate it inwardly-- because to do it outwardly risks resurrecting/sustaining the distinguishing. Maybe its one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I realize I can, and thus am able only to speak from the 'side' such divisions inherently (seek to) make, I still can't shake the feeling that if the espoused 'truths' were/are what the 'other side' says they are, then there'd not be this 'celebration' for 'that'. I hope that sensation is totally amiss.

One thing I am sure of, and encouraged by, is that there are individuals who genuinely don't see mere physically distinguishing characteristics as 'sides' (ie the natural commonly sense+abled sides that they are ie no diff than hair color -or no hair-, no diff than height, left/right handed, etc where we're all humans). Where talking about Obama being 'black' and 'president' would be akin to being as silly as talking about having a black haired 'president'.

"Forum winners are those who understand the power of triggered emotions and that the sole purpose of an argument is to stray as far as humanly possible from issues and to stay laser focused on belittling your rival with the choicest of pejoratives." ~Srini Chandra
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2008, 11:06 AM
eye2i2hear Wrote:
NonEntity Wrote:
eye2i2hear Wrote:Because just as obvious as it is not SUPPOSED to be a big deal, it always has been. It's been an open lie. And this is proof that, at least to some level, the lie no longer holds.
And I can appreciate it, I really can. And purely from that perspective, I too rejoice in it.
I hope I'm totally missing it, but its almost like if one truly understood and embraced such as left in the dust, one would see he/she could only celebrate it inwardly-- because to do it outwardly risks resurrecting/sustaining the distinguishing. Maybe its one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I realize I can, and thus am able only to speak from the 'side' such divisions inherently (seek to) make, I still can't shake the feeling that if the espoused 'truths' were/are what the 'other side' says they are, then there'd not be this 'celebration' for 'that'. I hope that sensation is totally amiss.

One thing I am sure of, and encouraged by, is that there are individuals who genuinely don't see mere physically distinguishing characteristics as 'sides' (ie the natural commonly sense+abled sides that they are ie no diff than hair color -or no hair-, no diff than height, left/right handed, etc where we're all humans). Where talking about Obama being 'black' and 'president' would be akin to being as silly as talking about having a black haired 'president'.

Allow me to play devil's advocate here. I think most people would say that it goes way beyond skin pigmentation, and that it involves things like culture and history, and a history of being mostly downtrodden at that. Now, Obama doesn't strike me as being particularly downtrodden. We here in Chicago have known about him a lot longer than most, and he strikes me at least as somebody who was groomed and anointed. In fact, I would bet a nickel that despite what people hope, he will do little if anything for his "brothers and sisters" and will instead, like all good "presidents," play ball with the "hidden hand"-- the bankers, financiers, corporate interests, etc. After all, not only did he vote for that banker/Wall Street bailout, he was one of the key point men for it. What's the expression-- meet the new boss, same as the old boss?
11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Dionysus Wrote:What's the expression-- meet the new boss, same as the old boss?

Agreed! So obvious about 3 months ago that The Bush Legacy was being exaggerated by "Them", in order to guarantee a Democrat president, thus allowing the democrat watchdogs to shut up for the next 4-8 years (and of course, push thru more "social" policies and less "right-wing" ones, all moving further away from individual liberty and individual responsibility of course).

That quote, great song, deep lyrics that most of today's generation has never stopped to really hear and think about... Instead they probably just connect that song to this:
[Image: csimiamitemplatean8.jpg]
Brickwall
11-07-2008, 11:53 AM
"Miami style!!!"

Ugh. Good grief. :rolleyes2:
11-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Dionysus Wrote:Allow me to play devil's advocate here. ... In fact, I would bet a nickel that despite what people hope, he will do little if anything for his "brothers and sisters" and will instead, like all good "presidents," play ball with the "hidden hand"-- the bankers, financiers, corporate interests, etc.

You may find this link interesting. Someone sent it to me and I've yet to do anything but take a cursory look at it. I'm not sure what to make of it.

- NonE

The page I linked to above has been taken down. I found it in a Google Cache here. They claim death threats and such, and lots of controversy. Sounds like a reason to read it to me!

- NonE .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Well, I skim-read much of the Malcolm X book (really, just a transcription of some informal chats he gave with the author of "Roots", Alex Haley) and that man was as progressive in his thinking (and as inspiring) as MLKjr -- the alleged anti-white racism etc. that people attribute to Malcolm X is not based on what he was saying in his speeches and in that book, but perhaps from the fears that people had about what he "could have meant" ... Imagine if we as human beings were enslaved for centuries by alien invaders, and over time some of our bondage and restrictions were reduced -- but a few of us complained loudly that it wasn't enough, that there was stuff each individual human being could do to show the aliens could no longer treat us like brute animals... in a way, that was Malcolm X's calling, his role, and considering the time in which he lived and where he came from (from what I remember of the book) it's amazing how well he articulated what really needed to be said at the time.

Oh, and re. "The Secret Bloodlines of [strike]Jebus[/strike]Obama" or whatever other conspiracy theories that will surely come down the pipe, does it really matter? Wink I mean, he's just the well-spoken figurehead isn't he...

Also, I just noticed this at the end of the post you linked to...
Quote:Israel Insider also invites Israel Insider members to post interesting pairings of "O" and "X" photos, audio, and video that highlight a possible "family resemblance."

I suppose it would be just as easy for certain extremist groups to put a call out to the webernets, for example asking people to find "proof" that it was "Israel" that hacked the McCain and Obama computers (or whatever the recent news story was, ambiguous as all get out) ... Accusations and speculations (about all sorts of things happening, already happened, or soon to happen) will be everywhere for the next few months, for sure (and hopefully none will result in some idiot from "The South" deciding to prematurely end the new pResident's career).
11-07-2008, 10:50 PM
NonEntity Wrote:You may find this link interesting. Someone sent it to me and I've yet to do anything but take a cursory look at it. I'm not sure what to make of it.

- NonE

The page I linked to above has been taken down. I found it in a Google Cache here. They claim death threats and such, and lots of controversy. Sounds like a reason to read it to me!

NonE,
That's strange. I've uncovered evidence that Barky is an Israel-firster. See:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.erichufschmid.net/TFC/Bollyn-Emanuel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.erichufschmid.net/TFC/Bollyn-Emanuel.html</a><!-- m -->

I wonder which is true.