Motion To Dismiss : Oregon
Current time: 08-30-2014, 01:09 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Guest
Last Post:
Replies: 0
Views: 726

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2008, 02:14 PM
I am confused on a point of jurisdiction... the Oregon constitution states the following in Article one Section one:

Section 1. Natural rights inherent in people. We declare that all men, when they form a social compact are equal in right: that all power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety, and happiness; and they have at all times a right to alter, reform, or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper. —

Oregon Constitution

Does instituted for their peace, safety and happiness translate into individual rights in this context? I would think that it does but I'm just not sure that it's explicit in that context.
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Re: Motion To Dismiss : Oregon
Iconoclast Wrote:I am confused on a point of jurisdiction... the Oregon constitution states the following in Article one Section one:

Section 1. Natural rights inherent in people. We declare that all men, when they form a social compact are equal in right: that all power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety, and happiness; and they have at all times a right to alter, reform, or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper. —

Oregon Constitution

Does instituted for their peace, safety and happiness translate into individual rights in this context? I would think that it does but I'm just not sure that it's explicit in that context.

I love it...
Quote:We declare that all men, when they form a social compact are equal in right
... this'll keep dem nasty illegals in their place as dey ain't formed no social compact!  So there.  An dem furriners, too.  Slimeballs!  (Watch it there, Darren!  We're onto you.)

and of course...
Quote:they have at all times a right to alter, reform, or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper
DONE!  I'm OUTTA here, Jack!

This must have been written when Oregon was a part of Africa as I can sense a large amount of HIPPO in the cracy.

- NonE

- NonE .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
No where in the Oregon constitution can I find the "to protect or maintain individual rights" or similar terminology.

I would assume that the foundation for standing would be Article I Section I of said constitution, irrespective of any of the actual terms used, since that would be the so called governments' stated purpose.

That's funny NE, I was just about to post the following as well:

I also find it awesome that the article one section one of the Oregon constitution states that only men whom form a social compact together are equal in right. LOL
02-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I understand NonE,

That's a common mistake... though irregardless "is" a so called "word".

It's common usage I believe was pre-nineteen thirties or so.

I believe it was considered a nonstandard usage of the word regardless, yet still considered a "word".

Wink