Has this happened with you?
Current time: 10-31-2014, 05:44 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: zonsb
Last Post: zonsb
Replies: 10
Views: 5361

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I was just watching a video on the end date of the Myan Calendar: An interview with John Callman who may be the foremost expert research on the Myan Calendar.

Anyhow, the video was posted to YouTube in February of this year. Which I landed at by following a link at endalldisease.com. Today's date is 10/28/2011. The end date, John said, is 10/28/2011. Not really much of a coincidence there. However, at the exact moment the interviewer said "John you say the end date is October 28, 2011", I look at the clock on my computer and it reads 10:28. Hmmm...

Three months ago, for a couple of weeks I had numerous "coincidences" that were so unexpected (unexpected by me consciously) that they defied any explanation other than the law of attraction.

Most people have heard or read about the law of attraction; read the book The Secret, watched the movie of the same title or read one of the many books or listened to one of the presentations on the law of attraction.

Myself? ....I watched the movie, The Secret, and listened to the 12CD set titled Your Wish Is your Command. Scientific research has verified that all objects emit/transmit a distinct frequency/vibration/energy. Scientific research also verified that human thoughts directed at a vast array of objects -- each tested in separate experiments -- altered the frequency/vibration/energy of each object. The law of attraction is that like/same frequency/vibration/energies attract to each other. Human thought can be focused, amplified and directed.

Ever since my personal experiences validating remote-viewing to predict future events -- I had much success predicting the picture/target I'd be looking at at a specific time in the future. That is, I'd do a remote viewing session and sometime after that, but before the specified time I was to look at the picture, a picture/target was randomly selected form a pool of 6500+ pictures that I had never seen before. When the specified time in the future arrived I'd look at the picture and learn whether I had successfully remote-viewed the picture/target. Remote viewing works. And it's species wide -- not "gifted" to a fortunate few -- virtually everyone can do it. But no one to my knowledge has been able to explain how remote viewing works. The closest synonym is intuition.

I'm curious to know if members here have experienced what they thought or knew was law of attraction.

--

The thought of how far the human race would have advanced absent initiatory force
staggers the imagination.

THE POINT: Unlike the government thief, a common thief doesn't claim his "craft" is honest.
Lawyer-like dishonesty a point: The common thief is honest when he tells you he's robbing you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2011, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2011 08:50 PM by NonEntity.)
RE: Has this happened with you?
(10-28-2011 08:27 PM)zonsb Wrote:  I was just watching a video on the end date of the Myan Calendar: An interview with John Callman who may be the foremost expert research on the Myan Calendar.

Anyhow, the video was posted to YouTube in February of this year. Which I landed at by following a link at endalldisease.com. Today's date is 10/28/2011. The end date, John said, is 10/28/2011. Not really much of a coincidence there. However, at the exact moment the interviewer said "John you say the end date is October 28, 2011", I look at the clock on my computer and it reads 10:28. Hmmm...

That's funny as hell!

(10-28-2011 08:27 PM)zonsb Wrote:  I'm curious to know if members here have experienced what they thought or knew was law of attraction.

--

I tend to think most of that stuff is bullshit, that it is the tendency we have to notice things we're interested in and not notice things we aren't and then attribute this "noticing" to some magical powers.

That being said, I must say that I don't totally discount it. For one think I tend to allow for the concept that you can't prove a negative, and for that reason alone, as well as the sheer intelligence embodied in the concept of scientific inquiry (where one is ALWAYS open to new data), I will listen to rational data. So often it is not rational however, which applies to most of the speakers on The Secret video.

But this is something I've run across that I think you will really find worth your time and effort, zonsb. Blinded by Science. A new book. It's from England, and I bought it from Amazon and it was shipped here from England. It was worth the cost and the wait. Read about it and see if you find it worth looking into. It has most definitely twisted my sense of reality in ways I would not have thought possible. I'm still not at all sure what it means... which is what's fun about stuff that turns your world upside down.

- NonE

{edit} WOW!!! When I bought it in July it was $14 + $4 shipping. Now it's $41!!! and I don't know what the shipping is. Holy moly.

- NonE .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
10-28-2011, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 02:43 AM by zonsb.)
(10-28-2011 08:40 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  I tend to think most of that stuff is bullshit, that it is the tendency we have to notice things we're interested in and not notice things we aren't and then attribute this "noticing" to some magical powers.

That's in part why I posted about my personal first hand knowledge/experience with remote viewing success predicting random future events. I've done over 3,400 trials and nailed the target over a hundred times. What are the odds of picking the correct number from a pool of 6400 numbers given 3400 chances? Less than 1. Probability of statistics on the high side is about five correct picks out of 3400. Anything above that is outside of random probability. Bare in mind that a pool of 6500 unknown pictures is akin to being any 6500 numbers from zero to infinity. I don't believe in magical powers. Though I do have much experience with as of yet explained power.

The thing is, before I tried to do remote viewing, I spent maybe twenty hours researching it. Despite a pile of seemingly valid and verified evidence, including several dozen documented case studies, to prove it and validate it for myself I had to actually do remote viewing. So that's what I did. Looking at the research pales in comparison to knowing I have the ability. Which explains why I did so many remote viewing trials.

Quote:That being said, I must say that I don't totally discount it. For one think I tend to allow for the concept that you can't prove a negative, and for that reason alone, as well as the sheer intelligence embodied in the concept of scientific inquiry (where one is ALWAYS open to new data), I will listen to rational data. So often it is not rational however, which applies to most of the speakers on The Secret video.

The Secret didn't do anything for me beyond give me a bit more information on what the law of attraction was said to be. On the other hand, Your Wish Is Your Command has been very helpful in implementing it. Define rational. To say that a random future event is predictable is not rational, is it? But many people have done what by most rational scientific explanations says can't be done and have yet to explain how it works.

Quote:But this is something I've run across that I think you will really find worth your time and effort, zonsb. Blinded by Science. A new book. It's from England, and I bought it from Amazon and it was shipped here from England. It was worth the cost and the wait. Read about it and see if you find it worth looking into. It has most definitely twisted my sense of reality in ways I would not have thought possible. I'm still not at all sure what it means... which is what's fun about stuff that turns your world upside down.

The book sounds interesting and I'll have to give it a read. (How's that for a nonE-prime sentence?) Reading and pondering is all well and good. You ought to try remote viewing. Live the experience. There's many case examples and a free course at: http://www.remote-viewing.com/ It's data you can create. That's certainly within the range of being open to new data. Especially since it would be self-generated data as opposed to reading about other people's data. I think the book "sounds" interesting enough to read.

--

The thought of how far the human race would have advanced absent initiatory force

THE POINT: Unlike the government thief, a common thief doesn't claim his "craft" is honest.
Lawyer-like dishonesty a point: The common thief is honest when he tells you he's robbing you.
10-28-2011, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 12:40 AM by zonsb.)
Out of curiosity I looked up remote viewing at Wikipedia. The information therein asserts that remote viewing isn't possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing Wrote:The scientific community rejects remote viewing due to the absence of an evidence base, the lack of a theory which would explain remote viewing, and the lack of experimental techniques which can provide reliably positive results.[1] It is also considered a pseudoscience.[2]

I laugh. A few remote viewing trials come to mind. After doing the perceiving/viewing I put to paper words and sketches of what I perceived.

Comes to mind the time I wrote "jack-o-lantern". At the specified time when I looked at the picture it wasn't just a round orange object like an orange, the Sun, a basketball or even a pumpkin; it was a jack-o-lantern.

I recall the time I drew a clock. The target/picture was of a watch and a clock on a table and the hour and minute hand of my drawing were the same time as on the watch.

And there's the horse I sketched (I usually suck at drawing). The picture was a horse in "exactly" the same position as I had drawn it. Standing a little off center of head on with it's head turned about fifteen degrees to its left.

The time I wrote "blue ice". Now that's an odd one. The picture was a climber scaling a "wall" of blue ice.

Which brings me to another issue about a topic thread I pondered posting today. I learned about it via kurzweilai.net That's Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence, not artificial negligence. Though that's a prominent issue with the future of law of accelerating returns--exponential advancing technology and to the Singularity.

Quote:The Internet, peer-reviewed

[Image: hypothes.is_.png]

It could be one of the most important innovations on the Internet since the browser.

Imagine an open-source, crowd-sourced, community-moderated, distributed platform for sentence-level annotation of the Web. In other words, a way to cut through the babble and restore some sanity and trust.

That’s the idea behind Hypothes.is. It will work as an overlay on top of any stable content, including news, blogs, scientific articles, books, terms of service, ballot initiatives, legislation and regulations, software code and more — without requiring participation of the underlying site.

It’s based on a new draft standard for annotating digital documents currently being developed by the Open Annotation Collaboration, a consortium that includes the Internet Archive, NISO (National Information Standards Organization), O’Reilly Books, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a number of academic institutions.

“If what is published is immediately fact and logic-checked, in a detailed and highly visible way, it will necessarily put pressure upstream to the point of authorship,” says the FAQ. “In order to accomplish this we need better feedback mechanisms. Standard comments just aren’t up to the task, and neither are newer systems such as Disqus, IntenseDebate, Facebook Comments or others. While interesting, none of them fundamentally change the comment model. It’s time for a new set of tools.”

Yes, it’s been tried before, and didn’t catch on. But looking at the solid concept and the names involved, I believe they can pull it off.

I just donated to their Kickstarter fund. I recommend you do the same. (You might also want to reserve your user name.)

--

10-29-2011, 01:14 AM

10-29-2011, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 02:30 AM by zonsb.)
The Secret falls far short of explaining the law of attraction. The two buffoons in the above video need not go to such ridiculous extremes such as committing theft as an example of law of attraction. Conversely, remote viewing, while not considered to be the law of attraction, is a better example of the power of intent.

It can be quite pleasing to sit back, clasp my hands behind my head and know that I'm right about something I know that most people don't know, because I've done the necessary research and testing to validate it. Members here should know how that feels when you kick back and ponder that you know, without a doubt, how unnecessary the State is, which the vast majority of people don't know, but could know.

--

10-29-2011, 04:52 AM
Zonsb, not intended to offend. Just my stupid sense of humour - not taking anything to serious. On a serious note (to contradict my self), what do you make of this: When I first saw this, I guessed the answer correctly. So have others that I have shown. I've watched it several times, but cannot pick the clues yet.

10-29-2011, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 08:40 AM by zonsb.)
(10-29-2011 04:52 AM)Jonathanr Wrote:  Zonsb, not intended to offend. Just my stupid sense of humour - not taking anything to serious. On a serious note (to contradict my self), what do you make of this: When I first saw this, I guessed the answer correctly. So have others that I have shown. I've watched it several times, but cannot pick the clues yet.

No offense taken. I didn't try to guess the target. It's interesting that you and others you know got it correct. Rapport happens other than consciously. Much of the clues we pick up on are deciphered through the subconscious which takes in thousand of times more information than the conscious mind is aware of. Basil, had more than spoken language to go on. He had visual sensory acuity at work.

Toward the beginning of the video Darren attributes it to language, but there's more at play than just auditory acuity -- spoken words, tonality and inflection -- there's also visual acuity.

This may help. A remote viewing session is done in a high-theta to low-alpha brainwave frequency. The four brainwave frequency ranges are:

Quote:Delta activity (1/3 - 4 Hz) occurs during deep sleep and some brain disorders.

Theta activity (4 - 7 Hz) occurs during various stages of sleep and during emotional stresses such as disappointment and frustration.

Alpha brainwaves (8 - 12 Hz) have been associated with relaxation and also a normal healthy state of mind.

Beta brainwaves (13 -30 Hz) are associated with heavy mental activity, stress and tension. Typically you are in this state when you are really busy at work.

[sidebar: I learned the other day that some schizophrenia can happen in the delta range. Which was news to me because I was only aware of delta being associated with deep sleep mode. I experienced difficultly staying awaken during remote viewing sessions when I set my binaural beat generator into the theta frequency range. A binaural beat generator isn't necessary for remote viewing. I used it for the ease and quickness of quieting my conscious mind to get into "state".]

Anyhow, during a RV session there's no external input to the five senses that would give clues to what the target/picture is. The target/picture was always randomly selected after I did the session. Even if a target/picture is pre-selected, I think it highly improbable that input to any of the five senses would assist in perceiving it.

The point is that in the video there may have been other than the five-senses sensory acuity at play (namely auditory and visual). A sixth sense, for lack of better words, may have been the main insight that perceived the "clues". Perhaps intuition is a better word.

There's online tests/guessing games that test for intuition. If I remember correctly, they one I did wasn't of use to me. However, there was a similar online challenge I did that focuses on pattern recognition; our brains/minds are very proficient at pattern recognition. That probably explains how/why rapport happens other than consciously.

I do technical chart analysis for trading currencies. Technical trading is all about pattern recognition. Looking for chat patterns, candlestick formations, support and resistant levels and trend lines on multiple time frames (weekly, daily, 4-hour, hour etc.)

The online challenge used historical data from the currency markets to automatically update a line chart/graph. The idea was to watch the line update from the right to left for about forty seconds; it would stop and ask which direction the market/graph was going to go next. Without candlesticks or bars the line limited pattern recognition to trend lines, support and resistance levels. Plus, there was a short time window for inspection and analysis. I had about a 60% success rate.

Intuition has an interesting role in technical chart analysis. There are times when I've pulled up a currency-pair chart and almost instantly see the direction the chart/currency pair is going to go next. It's not a simple continuation of the trend as I've intuited trend-reversals. There's no conscious analysis work being done to my awareness at that brief time interval.

On the other hand, the conscious mind knows to use the technical tools (formations, support and resistance etc.). The "trick" is to see if technical analysis agrees with the intuition, without letting the intuition bias weigh too heavily. It may not even be intuition, but rather, subconscious pattern recognition.

All that said, with remote viewing there is some type of pattern recognition happening that's not reliant on input to the five senses. So I wouldn't rule that out as perhaps how you and other people you know picked up on the "clues".

Lastly, I questioned whether Darren used NLP or similar technique. I didn't spot any beyond a few key words that, from my limited experience, I didn't see a connection with commands or suggestions being given. Thus the "key" words were just coincidental, IMO

--

10-29-2011, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 10:12 AM by NonEntity.)
(10-29-2011 08:39 AM)zonsb Wrote:  I do technical chart analysis for trading currencies. Technical trading is all about pattern recognition. Looking for chat patterns, candlestick formations, support and resistant levels and trend lines on multiple time frames (weekly, daily, 4-hour, hour etc.)

Have you read Niederhoffer's book?

He's got a fascinating mind. I saw him give a talk/performance/multi-media extravaganza years ago at a Liberty Editor's Conference where he likened his mental activity in trading to understanding/experiencing classical music. He showed how he could see the patterns in the market like music and make predictions on his interpretations of the score, as it were. And he always worked barefoot. Very interesting guy. One small mistake he made one day utterly destroyed him financially. Which brings us to Nassim Nicholas Taleb, but that's another book... Big Grin

I don't know if there is a video of that presentation by Niederhoffer, but if there is it should be put up someplace like the TED Talks as it was a once in a lifetime experience. Utterly amazing and thrilling to observe. (As I recall this event occurred before he got wiped out.)

- NonE

{edit} This guy's review is spot on from my experience of Niederhoffer. Read the book. Big Grin

- NonE .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
10-29-2011, 10:57 AM
zonsb:

I met Joe McMoneagle once and had a nice, long talk with him. Amazing guy. I have his book and have read it many times.

He's noble enough to know what's right
But weak enough not to choose it
He's wise enough to win the world
But fool enough to lose it
He's a New World man - Rush
10-29-2011, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2011 07:20 AM by zonsb.)
(10-29-2011 09:38 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  This guy's review is spot on from my experience of Niederhoffer. Read the book. Big Grin

I haven't read the book. The review was quite interesting. As these conversation can sometimes carry on, I have to share.

I knew a man (R.I.P.) that in his early childhood was a severe dyslexic -- a mirror writer, wrote right to left. When he was young he learned to overcome struggling with hallucinations.

Prior to college he was a merchant marine. He corrected his dyslexia by reading 400 books. He read the classics including Ayan Rand's works as well as Aristotle, Plato, Hegel, Kant, Hobbes, Aquinas, Nietzsche, Locke, Adam Smith, Rothbard, Misses, Dostoevsky, Éttiene de la Boétie and etc.

He got his Phd. in physics. Worked at DuPont for twelve years as a senior research chemist. He invented/created three products that went from the lab to market that were still marketed thirty years latter. That's quite an accomplishment as only twenty percent of scientific researchers in their careers invent or create a product that goes to market. He did it three times in twelve years.

He saw that company politics and government hindered/quashed progress on a very promising cancer cure (making it prohibitively expensive and couldn't recoup the cost) and saw how other researchers were losing their creative drive. He left the company.

In his youth he became pretty good at poker. He enjoyed playing with "low-brow" dock workers. An interesting choice -- as was his stint in the Merchant Marines -- as his family was steeped in law. His father and uncle were judges and his grandfather was a New York State Supreme court judge.

He supported himself playing poker. Documented in his journal a five-year research project to learn how it was that people could be unwittingly deceived and manipulated outside of poker. He realized from his youth that deception was a valid tactic in poker--the bluff.

He wrote the world's best selling poker book: Poker, A Guaranteed Income for Life. The primary intent was a metaphor outside of poker. In the end, the biggest poker winner was the biggest loser. For he or she had spent their life manipulating people for money rather than a creation-driven life.

No publisher would publish/market his book so he self-published. Many newspapers that had originally turned him down eventually sought his advertising business. The Wall Street Journal was one that realized their folly when his ads appeared week after week in its sister publication, Barron's. He soon thereafter received offers from publishers to publish his book. He accepted one.

The same year (1976) Julian Jaynes' book, The Origins of Consciousness and the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind was published, he published a book that was unsuccessful. But would later be rewritten and successfully self-published in 1980 and well into the 1990s. The original market niche was philosophy. In the latter 80s he took the poker manual off the market.

No publisher would accept his new book because it identified government neocheaters and their tactics used to enslave the populace and white-collar hoax business quislings as political opportunists as opposed to market businessmen -- including how organized religion used essentially the same techniques. In 1980 he won the National Writers' Award for Best Nonfiction Article of the Year. Titled: CONSCIOUSNESS: THE END OF FALSE AUTHORITY. It was underpinned by Julian Jaynes book.

I forgot to mention, in 1976 he wrote the Constitution of the Universe. Which, except for a few minor edits by his son is now, The Prime Law (sorry dude, that's the life of a creation driven man that was well ahead of my time of waking up, and I suspect yours too.)

On November 3rd, 1986 the IRS raided his writing and research company. They took everything needed to run the business. The nine-hour raid was captured on audio tape. Including the berating of innocent writers and the breaking of the Child and Games editor's ribs.

He was eventually sent to prison for ten months despite having overpaid income taxes. Which, despite being a model prisoners, was later denied writing privileges. He paid taxes under pen names as a way to set up the IRS to come after him. He always assumed he'd get a letter in the mail form the IRS and take it from there. He did win in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals the right to use the "Honesty Oath" in place of the "Truth Oath".

There were decades of increasing profitability direct marketing their literature around the world in up to fourteen languages for their primary publications -- all of it offline. Mostly through direct mail they've reached paying customers in over 150 countries.

All their literature was posted freely on their website up til 2004. They took almost all of it down, save for several thousands of testimonials -- positive and negative. And put on a paid-subscriber website. The objective wasn't to make a profit. It was to separate it from the dying anticivilization as they build the agora. There's a value dynamic of paying for access/information as opposed to given out freely.

For two decades they've been focused on literally doing what Buckminster Fuller knew: "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

Since setting the goal in the early 1970's he and his sons have never let waiver their sights on its achievement. The goal: commercial driven low-cost, youth rejuvenated biologic immortality. The problem was recognized early on that the established status quo would never allow for it. The solution was to create a global environment that would cause mass desire for the product and thus drive forth massive research and development towards achieving the goal. That environment would be conscious minds that ripped out mysticism and irrationality wherever it was found. That can only be done by each individual. Thus the focus of their literature has been to impart knowledge built on a foundation of fully integrated honesty and wide-scope accounting.

Thus in part is the legacy of one man. [Image: tired-tired-weary-exhausted-smiley-.gif]

(Remind self to next time write a memo.)

--

(10-29-2011 10:57 AM)Dionysus Wrote:  zonsb:

I met Joe McMoneagle once and had a nice, long talk with him. Amazing guy. I have his book and have read it many times.

Cool. I haven't read it, but nine years ago when I was on a Yahoo parapsychology list I read many articles written by people that participated in the Stargate project. Since then, Hal Puthoff's name has turned up about a dozen times in my internet travels.

--