NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 11-22-2017, 03:08 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 166127

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
10-29-2011, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 08:04 PM by NonEntity.)
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership
(10-29-2011 07:23 PM)Kel Wrote:  
Quote:I possess myself, for sure.

- Do We Own Ourselves?

"Myself", I presume, meaning the physical/tangible human body? And ,"I", meaning what?

Are "You" more than the body "You" possess?

-NonE-Prime

I would say that "I" am the energy patterns of my livingness (if you wanna get all really weird and try and run me off the road and stuff), which is the spirit which is life (whatever the hell that is) as is manifested in my ... I was going to say Mind and Body, but I realize that that is manifesting the inaccurate duality the western mind has created which makes it impossible to grasp the essence of the answer that you want ... person. I am a person. I am an energy flow, a pattern of life which is manifesting itself in constant change and depends, partially, upon the mechanics of my body, but also is greater than that in ways that I can only guess at.

I am me. That includes my body and the choices that I make, and more. Those choices are a manifestation of that body, but are manifestations of more than just my body, too, so in a way I possess myself in that I am somewhat self directed, but also am a child of my culture, my D.N.A. and many, many more things.

You want something more, or different, from that? I don't know that I can give you that, nor if I did, that it would be any closer to any form of truth than what I've tried to lay out above.

- NonE

{addition} I'm thinking to myself, "what is a cloud?" Or a storm. It is a pattern that moves through and depends upon water molecules and air and heat and lack of heat and so on. You can't have a cloud without the water molecules, but the water molecules are not the cloud. A cloud is partially the environment in which it forms and partially the water. Does the cloud "possess" the water molecules that it is formed from?

{another addition} I have a sense that this response has been defensive in nature. I want to apologize for that. I'm not sure why I'm so triggered. The thinking remains, but if my defensive stance comes through, please discard it if you can. ;-)

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - NonEntity - 10-29-2011 07:52 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM