NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 11-22-2017, 03:09 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 166142

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership
NonEntity Wrote:{another addition} I have a sense that this response has been defensive in nature. I want to apologize for that. I'm not sure why I'm so triggered. The thinking remains, but if my defensive stance comes through, please discard it if you can. ;-)

It did come off as defesive. But don't worry, I wont will discuss discard it.

I was only attempting to pick your brain and find out just who/what in the hell "you" think "you" are.

You say you are not your body, but you posses/are in possession of/are possessing it. But, you do not own it. Who/what does? Anyone/thing? Was it a "creation"? Do "you" own what "you" create, or is it for others to possess/decide?

[tangent]
I find it ironic/tragic those who believe in a "higher power" feel they must tie it to some dogma/doctrine/deity/doG (as Eye2/I too(?) would say), and likewise those who oppose such belief in a "higher power" do so only with zealous angst at the same nonsense the religous fanatics tout.

I look at the world around me and all I see are creations/designs. Skyscrapers, automobiles, and electronics (oh my!) etc., these are clearly intelligent designs by intelligent beings. But all those elements those designs consist of predate man. Where did they come from? Were they designs? Look at "our" ecosystem, nervous systems', respiratory systems', are those not far more beautiful and complex? Do not they just scream, "Look at ME! Their was a thought behind me!" Is any action you take done without a thought, first? Is it really so silly to entertain the...ahem...thought...that you/"you" are the product of a thought? A conscious/intelligent being. Is this being "God"? Is he/she/it Yahweh, Krishna, Allah (Holla!)? Or are those creations of others' thoughts to explain the source of their own existence? For reasons of comfort, or in most cases, unfortunately, tools of manipulation.
[/tangent]

-NonE-Prime

Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to throw in your two cents? Somebody's making a penny here....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM