NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 12-18-2017, 01:10 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 168799

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
10-29-2011, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 10:49 PM by Kel.)
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership
I apologize. Snide was not my aim. Just a little ribbin' is all.

I do understand your argument tho. To look at the complexity of our universe and declare it must be the work of intelligence does open the door to a chicken/egg scenario. Who designed the designer? Who designed the designers' designer? And on and on and on...

But does one design denote another? Not necessarily. I guess it depends on wether you consider it a "design" to begin with. But that argument could be used to refute the original premise. Just because we appear (to some) designed doesn't mean we were. However, it doesn't mean we weren't.

To argue that if we have a designer, then "it" must as well, only sets the argument up to be circular and nothing more. That same logic could be applied to you and I. Since our designs have designers (us), then surely we must have a designer as well. And the never ending cycle begins.

If we have no designer then we are the designer and all things begin with us. We are the "source". But if their can be a beginning, then cannot that logic be applied to another designer? "Our" designer, the "first", the "original"?

Perhaps that's confusing. My point, is that while I don't believe the complexity of the universe is "proof" of a designer, to reject the notion entirely seems arrogant/ignorant to me. If its based off the chicken/egg-circular logic, then it will always fail. I see that as a convenient cop-out, because now you can effectively write it off, but claim you don't know for sure. So I don't base it off that logic. To say their couldnt be is silly, because as you admit, nobody really knows.

-NonE-Prime

Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to throw in your two cents? Somebody's making a penny here....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM