NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 12-18-2017, 01:17 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 168816

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
11-20-2011, 11:21 AM
How can you even play the game under such conditions?
(11-20-2011 04:34 AM)Jonathanr Wrote:  Talking of writing a book, Marc; I had one (a blog-post, actually) half written on the subject of self-ownership. Yes, it was a reaction to the show with Mike Peinovich. Since I got bogged down in finishing it, I figured I'd cut it short and publish some of it as "Part 1". I acknowledge that I probably have been a bit superficial on some points, but I thought I'd get it published and solicit comment.

here it is: http://taxationisnotphilanthropy.blogspo...art-1.html

Hi J.r,

Good post/book/whatever. Thoughtful.

One comment I'll throw out for your consideration is that (it seems to me) "ownership" is a relationship thing, not a unilaterally claimed thing, and that there is a prerequisite for this to work, namely empathic ability. It appears obvious to me that the concept of regard for others (i.e. the concept of "rights") is impossible absent an ability to have empathy for others. To a lizard you are either food, a threat or someone to screw.

If that be true, then the general acceptance of the idea of ownership must be tempered by the realization that the term is utterly meaningless to a significant (10% ?) portion of those creatures we call human. That in mind, the idea of ponerology raises it's ugly and complicating head. I refer you to Kevin Barrett's article "Twilight of the Psychopaths."

The complicated part then, is how do "we" as a society, or just as individuals, deal with relationships where most (90% ?) people understand, if not always respect, the idea of "ownership" but a significant, and often powerful, part of "us" do not? It's kinda like playing a rigged game of chance. Do you treat the person with the loaded dice with honor and respect? Seems foolish to do so. But then, do you penalize the (90% ?) vast majority with distrust and disrespect simply because a very few have loaded dice? How can you even play the game under such conditions?

- NonE

P.S. As a side note, and with no ill will intended, I am curious as to whether this issue, lack of empathic ability, is why RealSkinny is completely incapable of grasping the idea of "voluntary."

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM
How can you even play the game under such conditions? - NonEntity - 11-20-2011 11:21 AM
RE: Celebrate...celebrate... - eye2i2hear - 10-01-2012, 02:15 PM