NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 10-17-2017, 06:22 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 161946

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
08-22-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership
So we have established that words are tools (good or bad) that allow us to communicate (rightly or wrongly) concepts about the temporal world. Yet all of the senses rely on electrical impulses (frequencies) to relay that information to our central control (minds) for deciphering. I have often ponder (as an example) if what I see as the color blue is the same thing as you see as blue. Perhaps it is a matter of agreement that we land on a visual input as any particular color. Maybe, what you actually see would be considered red (in my opinion) if I were allowed to tap in to your visual center and see things as you do.

Color blindness is common. So it is not far fetched to consider that color may be a matter of personal perception and because I learned a certain thing was blue (as the sky) that you seeing the same thing and taught that the color of what you were seeing was blue that we agreed that object or thing was blue in color. Yet it is possible that our eyes do not see color the same way. Your eyes may see blue as a derivative of blue or perhaps a whole different color altogether if I were allowed to view them through your eyes.

So this whole exercise was for what reason? The temporal world comes to us through our senses which are interpreted by our brains (science suggests). Perhaps it is more than that.

Author Michael Talbot writes that ". . . there is evidence to suggest that our world and everything in it. . . are also only ghostly images, projections from a level of reality so beyond our own it is literally beyond both space and time."

So in earlier posts of mine in this thread I have discussed that we are communicating much like the players of a chess game. The game pieces represent our bodies. The mythical “You” discussed earlier is the manipulator (player) of the game. In this reality, we tend to believe that the chess pieces and the players are one in the same but from the perspective of an observer watching the game it is quite easy to determine the actions of the pieces are being controlled by the players. The player (even though he controls the chess piece) is not encased in the game piece he controls.

I am only suggesting there is evidence that what we call the human body and the “YOU” that controls it may not be one in the same. Yes, I know, (what have you been smoking tharrin?) it sounds ludicrous. Yet I am finding it increasing fascinating that we speak of our reality in relative terms. Yet the very senses we rely on to confirm “reality” are but variations of electrical impulses that stream in from our receptors; receptors that can be deceived.

What does this have to with ownership? Everything! If we cannot truly quantify “REALITY” as actual or true, then ownership of anything we believe is within reality is pointless. It is a useless exercise in pummeling each other with our beliefs (opinions). Just as Marc has shown us that legal fictions exist nowhere outside the confines of our skulls (minds); I posture that perhaps what we call reality is subjective too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM