NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 10-20-2017, 04:22 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 162287

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
08-23-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership
Eye2I

This “Reality” that we speak of does owe its existence to commonality. Regardless of how or why this “Reality” is. Yet we are challenged everyday by our inability to agree on what exactly is real. We live in the delusional “state” because someone else or a group of someone else's agree that there is this thing called a “State” even though there is no empirical evidence that such a thing exists.

It remains interesting to me that we tend to take for granted “unreality” exists yet we rail against a reality outside our own. In the beginning when NonE and I discussed ownership we sort of landed on “hey that doesn’t exist”. So if we get down to the basics: what we believe we need in order to survive in this reality are food, water and the ability to convert those to waste and sleep. Access to these functions are imperative for us to survive.

So what? What are we doing discussing something that doesn’t exist? NonE and I nearly made a career out of this for a time on the old forum. We (all of us) have a penchant for discussing “ghostly images” & “projections”. Most (present company included) have discussed, debated, wrangled, argued, admonished, denied, persuaded, whined, (pick your adjective), etc at length on this forum on things that do not exist as a tangible object that we can eat, drink, sleep on, hold or possess. For what? Furthermore we cannot support that there even is a reality other than that which we believe we think exists because we can eat, drink, touch, see, hear, smell, taste, have intercourse with or excrete and that is the base of everything we believe exists. It is the well from which this reality springs.

My point is we like the fantasies we dream up. We like to think there is ownership. We like to think there is a constant called time. We like to think abstractly and some of our believed greatness has come from thinking this way but ultimately we entrap ourselves within the fantasies we have created such as law, politics, religion, class, gender, race, etc when all it comes down to is we just “are”. Everything we build abstractly around being is just that…fantasy.

So if all we need to survive in this reality are the basics mentioned above, what does all this other stuff we make up have to do with anything? Is it nothing more than dog eats dog for a finite supply of food, water, mates and a place to stay? The pack mentality is one of exclusion. Exclusion breeds contempt. Contempt begets friction. Friction causes war, famine and all the numerous afflictions we love to bestow on each other. Strip all the bullshit away and you have the problems we need to address to even begin to move to the next phase of human evolution. Will we even need a voluntary society then?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM