NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 12-18-2017, 01:12 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 168804

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
09-11-2012, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 05:38 PM by eye2i2hear.)
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership
I enjoyed the shared thoughts. Heart
It is indeed interesting to consider why this inclination towards belief in fictions as reality or being (f)actual is so tempting/appealing to humans. We see it quite early in toddlers. I think back to the recent tea party (and "no", we weren't playing pretend Republican wackos) I had with my 5 year old grandaughter for example. We see such played out with the likes of Santa (Ole St Nick) and the Easter/Ashtar Bunny etc. It comes quite natural, eh? And who doesn't to some degree, at most all ages, enjoy a good fictional tale? How dangerous doing such with kids, at least to what age and/or degree, is interesting to consider/contemplate.
So there's that natural inclination, coupled with all sorts of psychological aspects (especially the fear factors), that results in the likes of The Matrix© and the matrix (aka The State©/THE STATE™ ). Ink & Inc.

I find another significant aspect is equally quite naturale, and necessary, and it's in what NonGoodity touched on viz labels.
It is a quite essential aspect of living that we do what i label [sic] "MP4or", standing for my equally crafted label "MentalCompressionsFor"... convenience, sanity, productivity, richness, prosperity, etc etc. In other labels (aka in other words) we first have to (or We do) do selective sensory data selection. This seems to happen both unconsciously (or subconsciously) and consciously.
To hopefully convey what I'm getting at here, think about how memory (recall) is selective and minimalist --and think about if it weren't? Wouldn't we actually re-live/re-experience/re-sense-data "the past" --which is literally impossible in that, if we think [sic] about it, if we did/could, we'd not have the present memory per remembering (and the other subconscious present sense data/experience), ad infinium. [Image: hole.gif] [probably the most significant in or relevant to the sub/unconscious realm?]

The thin red (or is it blue?) line of **concept alert** sanity vs insanity...?

The main point being (besides the hypothetical black-whole bit) is it being=humanly quite natural (aka beneficial/necessary/essential/etc) for us to "compress" sensed data. And this compression is immensely, if not gloriously aided by labels aka words --both in communicating with our self and with other selves. Thus the example you noted, tharrin, of "Chrysler" --contrasted with NonChryslerity aka "Moofdobber" (and other such words we need Humpty Dumpty or all The King's Men to outgrabe for us --with a sneeze and a bellow and a whistle...).

Following in, or flowing from, this mentalmix-trix is of course the conceptualization of 'concept(s)'.
A grand paradox with it's potential for use vs abuse, positivity vs negativity...

The interesting and/or insidious aspect is when some (most? all, to some degree?) realize that MP4oring has huge manipulative potential: verbal whoring... (where interestingly, "whoring" is but a concept, sexual, negative being butt one way to "see" it). see Santa to Jesus/God/The State (optional: pimps & prostitutes to judges & police).

Convenience (conveyance) to Convincing (con artistry).
Tricky moofdobbering stuff for sure.

--NonPogo2i (the artist formerly known as We have seen The Enemy and Theye is U.s.)

[sidebar: see the article 37 Ways Words Can Be Wrong (and others in that Sequence) --highly recommended stuff muffdobberity]

*[lmbo at "Genuine Imitation Leather"... where it seems iye recall seeing something similar in mye past (tho not likely a camera bag)... butt i can't think about it in too much detail, or i might vaporize and lose the moment...]

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM