NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 12-18-2017, 03:14 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 168855

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
10-02-2012, 10:16 AM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership
All very good NonE. I try to find the good side of everything. Happily may the slum-dwellers live in their slums but what does that say for society? What potential geniuses live in those slums and because they lack, may not diminish their abilities but neither does it lift them up. What good is a great mind if the body that contains it withers and dies from starvation in those slums? It seems human potential is not valued unless it has some how overcome every obstacle in its way to successful use of that potential. Suffering makes one great?

Yes I see the point about being pitied. Yes the majority of us are on the hamster wheel from hell trying to maintain our status quo or better it. Leaves little time to take care of the elderly let alone the children which (by device or not) ends up in the hands of the people that make up the body politic called the State. The Amish (when not being influenced by the English) are adamant about caring for their elders as well as their children up to the point of Rumspringa where the children are allowed to decide whether to stay with the order or leave to live in the world they shun.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society".
Jiddu Krishnamurti.

I have read Jiddu for some time and I think NonE that you will find the following quote apropos,

"You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing and dance, and write poems and suffer and understand, for all that is life".
Jiddu Krishnamurti

That doesn't mean the silliness of how we as people operate in life will not profoundly sadden the observer. Perhaps as Jiddu says above this is part of the learning to understand life but I still wonder at how pathetic it is that we do not nurture and protect all beings on this planet. Perhaps it is not for me to know but I cannot help thinking that the one that may enlighten us, turn the whole of humanity around, may be that one child dying of starvation in a slum in India.

Eye2I, I do understand what you mean. In this present reality economics rely heavily upon consumerism. A decline in car purchases affects a family who's father works at a automobile manufacturing facility, the employees of support industries such as after market car parts companies and the stores that sell them, auto repair shops, car washes, the makers of car polish, wash solutions, carpet cleaners, tire companies, drive through dining, drive in theaters, and all the industries, restaurants, bars, laundromats, on and on and on ad infinitum.

It is a bizarre if not unsustainable cycle that who knows how it will all come crashing down. Still it is built on a foundation of cards that requires continuous manipulation in order to sustain it. I don't know Eye2I, I just don't know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM