NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 10-17-2017, 06:12 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 161908

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
10-02-2012, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 03:59 PM by eye2i2hear.)
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership
(10-02-2012 10:16 AM)tharrin Wrote:  Eye2I, I do understand what you mean. In this present reality economics rely heavily upon consumerism.

Isn't it significant to distinguish "consumerism" (a negative, per the "ism"?) from inherent, to essential, consumption? Eating, drinking, breathing, all being (natural) consumption, but consumerism not so much?
Where admittedly, i have no clue as to even beginning to know where The Line of distinction is (or how it's arrived at). Perhaps you clarified it in your specific examples listed...
Quote:A decline in car purchases affects a family who's father works at a automobile manufacturing facility, the employees of support industries such as after market car parts companies and the stores that sell them, auto repair shops, car washes, the makers of car polish, wash solutions, carpet cleaners, tire companies, drive through dining, drive in theaters, and all the industries, restaurants, bars, laundromats, on and on and on ad infinitum.

The tough line(s) here are of course, in example, a VW Beetle vs a Mercedes (speaking of washing/waxing -yet a whole/hole other aspect?) --or even a horse vs a Beetle (if Property doesn't allow for the likes of permanent buildings/factories?). A train vs a private jet. A ferry vs a luxury cruise liner vs a private yacht. Wonder Bread vs Little Debbies vs caviar (and even if the Caviar is a Western Digital 3terrabyte (or solid state) hard drive... etc, etc?).

i've touched before upon the aspect of what i call life transference, or life investment. Where what we each ultimately value most sifts down to time&energy, as one's life. We ("be-ings") seek the trade off of sustaining our selves biologically with our "life" (time&energy) e.g. "labor" and "work" for our labor and works of luv e.g. our emotional and intellectual "lives" --even if that's spending [sic] one's time&energy = life resting circa meditating, or floating in a lake --less energy but consistent, persistent, insistent time. And that time spent is either past, present or future --to some degree (or is it decree?)-- via what we see, and thus label, as investments. We "store", eh Sam Walton?! Some investment is purely personal value, other is social (or social+able); the latter being marketable. Market be'ing [sic] where lines appear. Market being where wealth, as advanced well-be'ing, is a potential.

While there's a grand (if ever elusive, as exclusive) scale of evaluation, personal, essentially the marketable evaluations are where the social rubber hits the proverbial road (or rode ie rode hard and put up wet...?). By whatever benchmark one eventually arrives at, ultimately he wishes to see his labor/work, ie the "sweat of his brow", as equitable with an other's. One doesn't wish, generally to ultimately, to see one's own(ed) time&energy equated with, as on par with, "laziness" or "sloth". Equity. The scales (of measure, both empirical and emotional).

And for time's sake *ha!*, a quick shift to another perplexity of this all: it baffles me how folks are so willing to invest their lives (time&energy) into destruction aka "war". Yet what a huge proportion is spent (in more than one sense) on just that. I mean millions spent for bombs that only destroy --destruction of both the essentials and the luxuries of life (life's investments). And not only thusly transfer all that "life"=time&energy into destruction/oblivion, but typically then to require even more of such stuff to rebuild/replace!?! What a waste of wealth potential. (not to even get into the personal e.g. petty personal "war zones" circa Property/Security)

It seems nigh insane --yet, it's ultimately each one's personal value expressed ("lived"), no? It seems, of course, to be solely relative to how individuals evaluate, thus value, security --as seeking to settle fears, perceived and otherwise.

Quote:It is a bizarre if not unsustainable cycle that who knows how it will all come crashing down. Still it is built on a foundation of cards that requires continuous manipulation in order to sustain it.

Would you generally agree, the "unsustainable cycle" is due to belief in, thus enforcement of, debt inheritance/generational transference ie Social Debt/National Debt/etc? Again, it seems significant to me that we not mix the perversion in with the natural in our examining of social function/fluency potential, no?

Let me, as always is my intent, thank you (any&all) for your time and/or energy expended in reading "me" here...2hear.

(10-02-2012 10:30 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  Yep, I agree Tharrin, everything sucks and you're gonna die! Heart

HEY! Eyi don't suck!!!
Watch that hyperbolE, NonyU!!

Cool

(ok, i used to suck... butt she liked it...[Image: boobs.gif] she loved it... she wanted more it...!!!) [Image: icon_old.gif]

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM