NonE's call about self-ownership
Current time: 12-18-2017, 03:19 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Dionysus
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 254
Views: 168863

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
NonE's call about self-ownership
05-23-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership
(05-23-2014 07:25 AM)Andy Wrote:  
(05-19-2014 09:30 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  But practically it's about initiation (as/and threat) of violence, no?
(that, and such as what's labeled taxation being logically inconsistent.?)

The practicality is substance. Whereas the words, own, theft and steal address form. And to which I sought a reply to the forms, not substance.

Understood, acceptable & agreed with (as +valuable).

Quote:Bob created a home-made lawn ornament which he put in the front yard of the house where he lives (calls home) and in the dark of night Mary takes the ornament, what do you call what Mary did? If you say she initiated violence, it seems to me there's a need to first define what is Bob's relation to the lawn ornament, no?

What did Mary do? Well, you said she "takes it" so i'd say what she did was, she took it.
Wink

From there, i suspect we'd hear a complaint from Bob, aye?
Something along the lines of, either a.) "Hey, Mary STOLE my homalawnament!" -or- z.) "Mary is acting illogically and unreasonable, no?! I have life investment in that ornament as a valid higher claim than she prove, no?"

Quote:If taxation is the initiation of violence

To jump in here, from my (hopefully critical) thinking, we're jumping a coupla key and crucially significant steps with this statement. More on that as we go...
Quote:what is the relation of Bob to the soon-to-be-taxed money in (his pocket) the pocket of the pant's he is wearing?

Overlooking the reality of the present likely issue of actual "non-money" (see "tokens")... for myself, the relation is a matter of re-presentation of investment of life energy as a +value.
i know what labor is for myself (work/time i can't get back/spent on that as not this/etc) and simply wish to 'measure' in regards to that measure i value conversely; gallons for gallons, meters for meters, etc.

Just as Mary would reason that the lawn gnome didn't just come from the tooth lawn gnome fairy, i would reason that the tokens in Bob's pocket didn't get there by such magic as well.
(what is the opposite of magic in this context, etc?)
  • Mary's energy investment, as expenditure, as claim (as forms), is that she came to possess said ornament via walking up to it, picking it up, and carrying it to her lawn (or wherever), etc. ✘ amount of time and energy, i.e. measure. Whether we call it by such forms as gallon, ohms, volts, or mileage --ala the walk a mile in her moccasins or Nike's, signals the measure.
  • Bob's energy investment, as expenditure, as claim (as forms), is that he dug the clay, built the kiln, chopped the wood (including how he came up with the shovel, the saw & hammer, the axe, tooth tool fairy aside, etc) did the shaping/molding, fired it, painted it, carried it to the lawn (for Mary to also enjoy viewing), etc.
Thus my empathy along with my critical thinking establishes that indeed, Bob has the higher claim (via investment/expenditure=substance).
And from that, reasoning deduces that in order for Bob to restore (re-store, as the form holds it) his claim, aka have the ornament in the place of his choosing, all his time, energy, and resources must be repeated, re-expended.
Thus what Mary took from Bob was that resourcing, re-presented as (or 'in') the ornament --logically deductable. She would have accomplished almost that loss (but not exactly) if she'd held or tied Bob down for the equivalent amount of time, preventing him from fashioning it. Thus that is the aggression, the 'violence' formable, no?
[Image: questionmarkthinkerstickman.jpg]

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - soveREIGN - 11-01-2011, 04:51 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Kel - 11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: NonE's call about self-ownership - Jonathanr - 11-20-2011, 04:34 AM