Big W - re:Unsure 4 tickets
Current time: 10-21-2014, 12:55 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: benadrit
Last Post: Bruce Sloane
Replies: 7
Views: 2091

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-30-2011, 08:47 AM
I was all over the place. I absolutely pressed the point of speedy trial till not only was the "justice" annoyed, but nearly ready to lock me up for contempt on that point. Overall I came off looking like a complete boob who had read a few things and was trying to get out of some tickets. My attempt to follow Marc's advice went even worse than most of what I did. When the prosecution was done I saw that I really had no choice but to take the stand. I went with what seemed right to me at the time. Told my story. Told it in the way that would make sense. Especially so that it could look like the gang in blue and I could both be right at the same time. Thought this might help. As I walked away with either not guilties or case dismissed, that seems to have worked. By not making the bad guys look like the bad guys in front of their friend in the black robe, I let it develop as a simple misunderstanding. As a misunderstanding the black robe could say that it was simply a mistake. Everyone meant well. No hard feelings and all that. The law was merely a guideline in the courtroom until I explained how from just a slight change of perspective it could be seen in a vastly different way. No longer was it a matter of "Listen to me! I'm right the cop is wrong." Nor was it, "Damn Judge follow the law!" The "justice" didn't care what the law said. Pointed that out to me half a dozen times. She wasn't going to say that her friends, you know the ones literally responsible for ensuring her safety if someone comes at her with a firearm after court, were boneheads. She was willing to concede eventually that some poor schmuck, for the best of intentions, got caught up in a legal noose that wasn't intended for him.

Not much in specifics here, but if you ask I'll try my best to answer. The video cuts out because apparently I ran out of charge. Which is too bad, as the only two things not massively boring were my testimony, it was only slightly boring and possibly educational, and the "justices'" verdicts. Having uploading issues, but I think I can get past them. I just don't have the time. Have to be somewhere else in an hour ten and it's an hour fifteen away.
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Re: Big W - re:Unsure 4 tickets
benadrit Wrote:The "justice" didn't care what the law said. Pointed that out to me half a dozen times.

Sorry, and not to doubt you, but I find that exceedingly difficult to believe. That would be a first in the history of histories. Are you sure you were in a real court, and not some kind of dramatic reenactment with people wearing costumes? :wacky:

He's noble enough to know what's right
But weak enough not to choose it
He's wise enough to win the world
But fool enough to lose it
He's a New World man - Rush
Find all posts by this user
03-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Dionysus Wrote:
benadrit Wrote:The "justice" didn't care what the law said. Pointed that out to me half a dozen times.

Sorry, and not to doubt you, but I find that exceedingly difficult to believe. That would be a first in the history of histories. Are you sure you were in a real court, and not some kind of dramatic reenactment with people wearing costumes? :wacky:

It's called a Court of No Record ....

You .. post here .. are You at all familiar with the Court System ..?

Free tutoring services available
there/their/they're, to/too/two, through/threw, than/then, your/you're, advise/advice, witch/which, wonder/wander, hear/here, sight/site/cite, pore/pour, reciept/receipt, suit/suite, and last but not least; loss/lose/loose , break/brake, mute/moot
03-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Bruce Sloane Wrote:are You at all familiar with the Court System ..?

Only what I can piece together from the back of cereal boxes.

03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
perhaps You might want to abstain from commenting on this thread, then ... Wink

there/their/they're, to/too/two, through/threw, than/then, your/you're, advise/advice, witch/which, wonder/wander, hear/here, sight/site/cite, pore/pour, reciept/receipt, suit/suite, and last but not least; loss/lose/loose , break/brake, mute/moot
03-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Bruce Sloane Wrote:perhaps You might want to abstain from commenting on this thread, then ... Wink

Hey, no problemo. If there's one thing I learned in this life, it's always to do what "Bruce Sloane" tells me to do, without question or hesitation.

03-31-2011, 03:59 PM
very kewl .... ;D