Man Made Global Warming?
Current time: 12-20-2014, 02:29 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: boyntonstu
Last Post: Habenae Est Dominatus
Replies: 11
Views: 1739

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Man Made Global Warming?
02-18-2012, 06:00 AM
Man Made Global Warming?
Man Made Global Warming: Is it Science, Politics, or Religion?

If we discuss MMGW and in back of our minds think, religion, politics, state, etc. we may be able to take the heat out of the discussion.

The process is exactly the same for most subjects.

If you believe in MMGW, on what set of facts were you convinced that MMGW exists?

Just an idea.

stU
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: Man Made Global Warming?
(02-18-2012 06:00 AM)boyntonstu Wrote:  Man Made Global Warming: Is it Science, Politics, or Religion?

If we discuss MMGW and in back of our minds think, religion, politics, state, etc. we may be able to take the heat out of the discussion.
stU
(emphasis mine)

WHAT discussion?

- NonE

- NonE Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
02-18-2012, 12:36 PM
My point is to begin a discussion without ad holmium attacks as an example of a teaching method to set the standard.

if you believe in MMGW please state why.
02-18-2012, 12:53 PM
(02-18-2012 12:36 PM)boyntonstu Wrote:  My point is to begin a discussion without ad holmium attacks as an example of a teaching method to set the standard.

if you believe in MMGW please state why.

Sigh. A discussion about WHAT?

(Of course I don't believe in MMGW. What do you take me for an idiot!)

A discussion about WHAT? (is there an echo in here, or is it just my ad holmium kicking in?)

- NonE

- NonE Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
02-18-2012, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2012 02:50 PM by Dionysus.)
^^ Whitney Houston took some ad holmium right before taking a hot bath, and look where it got her.

Looks like the whole AGW thing is circling the drain. I always knew it was a scam.

Data Collected from Last 15 Years Suggests Earth is Cooling

He's noble enough to know what's right
But weak enough not to choose it
He's wise enough to win the world
But fool enough to lose it
He's a New World man - Rush
02-18-2012, 02:52 PM
(02-18-2012 06:00 AM)boyntonstu Wrote:  Man Made Global Warming: Is it Science, Politics, or Religion?

The process is exactly the same for most subjects.

If you believe in MMGW, on what set of facts were you convinced that MMGW exists?

Just an idea.

stU

A few days ago, I would have taken up the offer to discuss this.
02-18-2012, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2012 03:17 PM by boyntonstu.)
Quote:A few days ago, I would have taken up the offer to discuss this.

What happened in the last few days?
02-19-2012, 12:29 AM
(02-18-2012 03:16 PM)boyntonstu Wrote:  
Quote:A few days ago, I would have taken up the offer to discuss this.

What happened in the last few days?

Eprime ( ? ) interrogation I believe. Idk, the grilling I got here the last few days is only slightly less than the one on that lawyer forum.
11-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Quote:Putting a Stake in the Heart of the “Science is Neutral and Objective” Cliché with One Chart
November 20, 2014

The next time you hear some maroon* tell you that science is an objective, neutral, self-correcting project whose only purpose is to conduct a dispassionate search for truth, show them this chart.

[Image: Climate-Model-Comparison-1024x921-300x269.png]

95% of the models are wrong. It would be one thing if 50% came out predicting warmer than actual and 50% came out predicting cooler than actual. But what does it say when over 95% of the models are BOTH wrong and wrong in predicting warmer than actual? That was a rhetorical question.

Usual liberal response to facts like this: ” Shut up you officious climate denier! And give me your money.”

Say what you want about “science.” The fact remains that science is conducted by scientists, and scientists are human. As humans they are not immune to group think. Perhaps they are even especially susceptible to it; there is evidence for that proposition. Nor are they immune to seeking their own financial best interests, and long ago they tripped to the fact that the gov’mint will give them money if they continue to churn out alarmist computer models.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch… it was 8 degrees above zero (air temperature, not counting wind chill) yesterday morning here in Chicago. And winter doesn’t even start for another month.

[Image: BdZFNE3CcAAULVb.png]

Quote:■SpongeBob: I'm so cold that I can use my nose drippings as a pair of chopsticks!
■Patrick: I'm so cold that... I'm shivering!

He's noble enough to know what's right
But weak enough not to choose it
He's wise enough to win the world
But fool enough to lose it
He's a New World man - Rush
11-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Global warming like you've probably never seen it before...

11-20-2014, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2014 09:24 AM by eye2i2hear.)
[PSA]

For any wishing to further/better examine the image details here, without havin2go there:

[Image: Climate-Model-Comparison-1024x921.png]

[/PSA]

*side-bar (with hattip to Butler Shaeffer¹): how can something that nature made aka man, make something and it not be nature that made it?!? man-made = nature-made
1. with dyslexic-apologies yet again as to whether i've spelled it correctly

*side-bar2: come on you anthropes, it's not (any longer) & hasn't been for how long now, "Global warming"; it's "Climate change" (*wink*wink* see also "Political change" see also "like the wind"?).

--NonNatural'e2i (the artist formerly known as NonAnthropoke2i)

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2014, 09:42 AM
(02-18-2012 06:00 AM)boyntonstu Wrote:  If you believe in MMGW, on what set of facts were you convinced that MMGW exists?

(11-20-2014 08:36 AM)Dionysus Wrote:  
Quote:Putting a Stake in the Heart of the “Science is Neutral and Objective” Cliché with One Chart
November 20, 2014

The next time you hear some maroon* tell you that science is an objective, neutral, self-correcting project whose only purpose is to conduct a dispassionate search for truth, show them this chart.

[Image: Climate-Model-Comparison-1024x921-300x269.png]

95% of the models are wrong. It would be one thing if 50% came out predicting warmer than actual and 50% came out predicting cooler than actual. But what does it say when over 95% of the models are BOTH wrong and wrong in predicting warmer than actual?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch… it was 8 degrees above zero (air temperature, not counting wind chill) yesterday morning here in Chicago. And winter doesn’t even start for another month.

This is my comment on the chart:
[Image: Climate-Model-Comparison-Annotated.png]

I was searching for info on a muthbusters experiment that showed a temperature rise in some boxes.

I found this page that raises valid objections to that test.

My opinion is that mythbusters should replicate the on air test duplicated at the same time with everything painted white instead of black.

So in an attempt to prove otherwise I ended up finding info that supports

Say what you want about “science.” The fact remains that science is conducted by scientists, and scientists are human. As humans they are not immune to group think. Perhaps they are even especially susceptible to it; there is evidence for that proposition. Nor are they immune to seeking their own financial best interests, and long ago they tripped to the fact that the gov’mint will give them money if they continue to churn out alarmist computer models.

Most likely

GOVERNMENT Always threatens, initiates, and escalates violence to force compliance with its dictates.

If you have GOVERNMENT, you do NOT have FREEDOM. If you like GOVERNMENT, you do NOT like FREEDOM.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user