Huh? WTF?
Current time: 07-29-2014, 01:39 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Habenae Est Dominatus
Last Post: eye2i2hear
Replies: 88
Views: 16771

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Huh? WTF?
02-27-2012, 02:40 PM
RE: Huh? WTF?
(02-27-2012 10:39 AM)Grey beard Wrote:  I hoped that faith, belief, religion would be tolerated in a voluntary society.

Do you see any difference between "tolerate" and "accept?"

Is it okay for me to say that whatever you want to believe is fine with me as long as you leave me alone? Is that okay?

What about this - if you say that 2+2=7.29 and therefore you can prove that 7.29 is smaller than 5? PROVE is the word you use. If I were to challenge you on this, am I being out of line?

I don't care if you believe that 7.29 is smaller than 5, unless you're making change and it affects me. But when you say that you can PROVE it, don't you think it might be reasonable to call you on it?

I know lots of people who believe in godish things, and I get along perfectly fine with them as long as they don't try and force me to agree with their beliefs. I am not trying to force anyone to believe whatever the hell it is that I might believe.

Why is it that this so often is such a one way street with godish people?

I'm not trying to prove that gods don't exist. I don't care. What I DO care about is incoherent thought that is used to destroy lives.

If reason is outlawed and any claims that any one may make must be accepted as PROOF and as TRUTH then sacrificing virgins is just fine. Is believing that killing wedding parties with drones controlled from TV screens in air conditioned rooms, and tazering handcuffed women 'til they're brain dead okay? Shouldn't we, as voluntaryists, accept any beliefs?

If PROOF is anything anyone wants to claim, then you may have it. But not without my calling CRAP on it. I will not stand by silently and thus give succor to evil.

Do you really think that "voluntary" means "anything anyone wants to do?" I hope not.

- NonE

- NonE .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2012, 06:27 PM
(02-27-2012 11:39 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  
(02-27-2012 11:26 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  
(02-27-2012 10:36 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  I poked the stick in this hornets nest with my post.

Care to expound upon/qualify who the "hornets" are in this, honey? Cool

I'm not qualified to testify regarding hornets.
Besides, hornets don't make honey.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-27-2012, 08:08 PM
(02-27-2012 06:27 PM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  
(02-27-2012 11:26 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  Care to expound upon/qualify who the "hornets" are in this, honmey? Cool

Besides, hornets don't make honey.

Typo fixed. [Image: fbee.gif]

(danged spell-check)

I can't believe spellNaziEntity didn't catch that!?!
Cool

"Forum winners are those who understand the power of triggered emotions and that the sole purpose of an argument is to stray as far as humanly possible from issues and to stay laser focused on belittling your rival with the choicest of pejoratives." ~Srini Chandra
02-28-2012, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 08:53 AM by Habenae Est Dominatus.)
I FOUND IT!

I was making a rather detailed reply to your post. Did some forum search n surf to find a particular post I had read. Didn't find that post, but I did find another one and just had to save that draft to create this one.

(02-25-2012 04:48 PM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  
Marc Stevens Wrote:No matter how many times I've said/written it, it's just ignored. Here it is again: It's not always a good idea to start a conversation with:
Dude you're retarded

My argument with it is that there's zero evidence been given to date that any one on this forum of voluntaryists has even made such a broad brush statement, much less the overwhelming majority here would believe it about Marc's overall capability (context can be crucial). In other words frivolous or irrelevant here.
I FOUND IT!

(01-17-2012 12:54 PM)Marc Stevens Wrote:  
(01-14-2012 06:14 PM)boyntonstu Wrote:  I am fed up with Christians knocking on my door to tell me about their nonsense and mental illness.

Why are any Biblical quotes allowed?

Then deal with them when they are at your door and try not to paint with such a broad brush. As I have found with statists, it won't help you communicate effectively with people when you consider them mentally ill.

I would prefer to not have the biblical quotes also, I'm not going to start censoring and banning members though (there wouldn't be much leftBig Grin), there are plenty of other forums that do that. If personal attacks get out of hand and we have an obvious troll, that's different.

This is not a religious forum and I don't want to be a typical moderator. I'll leave it to all us to make use of the ignore button if there is a poster you'd rather not see. It's a pretty good feature.

So let's stick fairly close to the theme of the forum and keep personal attacks out of it.

Editorial addition:

(02-26-2012 01:58 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  There was a thread created under the title "The proof of God." A snippet from the first post:
The proof of God' Wrote:  We presuppose God existence before we prove God’s existence. Unaided reason cannot prove anything. We cannot come to anything neutrally or objectively.

It must also be noted that since no other worldview makes sense out of logic, science and morality other than the Christians, then to raise an argument against the existence of the Biblical God you must presuppose the existence of the Biblical God.

It went on like this for a lot of words. I challenged, NOT THE EXISTENCE of a god, but rather the method of making a unilateral declaration and then using that declaration as evidence of PROOF. specifically I called this insane. To which Marc called "BS."

Having reviewed the thread again, I'm leaning towards Marc and two of his regulars are having some sort of communication breakdown. Plus, in my opinion, it's actually arizona_logan and boyntonstu that are the actual drivers of this issue.
02-28-2012, 08:25 AM
(02-28-2012 08:12 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  I FOUND IT!

I was making a rather detailed reply to your post. Did some forum search n surf to find a particular post I had read. Didn't find that post, but I did find another one and just had to save that draft to create this one.
(emphasis mine)

Maybe this thought will help. When I'm in a situation with a post in process and I need to find something else or make some other reply or something, I've found that I can open another instance of this forum in another tab, or window, do my work there and then return to the current, still-in-process post to finish my work.

- NonE

- NonE .).

02-28-2012, 08:36 AM
(02-28-2012 08:25 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  
(02-28-2012 08:12 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  I FOUND IT!

(emphasis mine)

Maybe this thought will help. When I'm in a situation with a post in process and I need to find something else or make some other reply or something, I've found that I can open another instance of this forum in another tab, or window, do my work there and then return to the current, still-in-process post to finish my work.

- NonE

That I do. Alot. In fact, when I want to include some other thread-post, I click reply, do a ctrl-a, then a ctrl-c, close the tab (window), return to the first reply, click the cursor where I want to place that other post, do a ctrl-v, and then proceed to edit or draft the reply as the case may be.

The reason I did the save draft is because now I'm not sure I want to post that composure, nor am I sure I want to delete it because of the amount of work that went into it. Depending upon replies, I might still have to use parts already drafted.
02-28-2012, 08:39 AM
(02-28-2012 08:36 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  The reason I did the save draft is because now I'm not sure I want to post that composure, nor am I sure I want to delete it because of the amount of work that went into it. Depending upon replies, I might still have to use parts already drafted.

Well, if it's a good draft you can always save it for later in the summer, keep it chilled and drink it on a hot afternoon and savor the flavor! Cool

- NonE

- NonE .).

02-28-2012, 08:57 AM
(02-27-2012 01:28 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  If the I.R.S. people have faith in their ideas you shouldn't be challenging them. It is apparently not acceptable behavior.
[Image: thinker.gif]
[somewhere on a mountain peek, far, far away, a dialog about the facts takes place...]

Statist: Wise men throughout the ages have espoused that The State is real.

Faithist: Wise men throughout the ages have espoused that The God is real.

Statist: I believe The State exists, so It does obviously and thus I speak it as fact. Just look around you, there's all sorts of evidence.

Fathist: I believe The God exists, so He does obviously, and thus I speak it as fact. Just look around you, there's all sorts of evidence.

Statist: The State is necessary for a peaceful and moral society. Without it there will be chaos and anarchy.

Faithist: The God is necessary for a peaceful and moral society. Without him there will be chaos and anarchy.

Statist: The State is ultimately the only source of Law, right, and good.

Fathist: The God is ultimately the only source of Law, right, and good.

Statist: The Lawyers and Judges have revealed through their writings what The Law of the land is. My faith is in them. It is criminal to disobey.

Fathists: The Prophets and Apostles have revealed through their writings what The Law of the earth is. My faith is in them. It is sinful to disobey.

Statists: God bless America! In God We Trust!

Fathists: God bless America! In God We Trust!

Statists: Peace on earth and Good Will towards men!

Faithists: Peace on earth and God's Will towards men!

Statists: We The People, In Congress Assembled.

Faithists: We The People, In Christ Assembled.

Statist: The State exists, and just because some that believe in It use It's Words to justify violent abuse is no reason for anyone to challenge my personal belief in Democracy when I share the facts with others.

Fathist: The God exists, and just because some that believe in Him use His Words to justify violent abuse is no reason for anyone to challenge my personal belief in Theology when I share the facts with others.

Statist: Sir, don't start with me. You're just being divisive.

Faithist: Sir, don't start with me. You're just being divisive.

[Image: wallbash.gif]
[granted, a "move" to the nigh infamous "Hardcore" subforum is fine by divisiveme2i]

*duly noted, written from an aenglo-american slant; mileage may vary

"Forum winners are those who understand the power of triggered emotions and that the sole purpose of an argument is to stray as far as humanly possible from issues and to stay laser focused on belittling your rival with the choicest of pejoratives." ~Srini Chandra
02-28-2012, 09:00 AM
(02-27-2012 02:40 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  
(02-27-2012 10:39 AM)Grey beard Wrote:  I hoped that faith, belief, religion would be tolerated in a voluntary society.
Do you really think that "voluntary" means "anything anyone wants to do?" I hope not.

- NonE

You seem to confuse belief with action. You will never know what I, or anybody for that matter believe, and it shouldn't matter to you.

Why don't you just say that you don't want to be acted on in a involuntary way for any reason, and leave it at that?

Grey
02-28-2012, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 09:11 AM by NonEntity.)
(02-28-2012 08:57 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  *duly noted...

Duly noted? Whutz duly noted? I see no referent.

- NonE

and you thought I was only the SPELLING nazi!
Angel

(02-28-2012 09:00 AM)Grey beard Wrote:  You seem to confuse belief with action.

No. But I do recognize that belief is a component of action.

Otherwise why would so many people quote the alleged sayings of the alleged Jesus?

- NonE

- NonE .).

02-28-2012, 09:41 AM

Otherwise why would so many people quote the alleged sayings of the alleged Jesus?

- NonE

[/quote]

I can't speak for them. I do feel that the usual suspects view of that character are far different from mine. I see the story of a man ( not saying factual/ historical ) that defeated 2 seperate legal systems in 2 trials. The things he says and doesn't say during the trials ( in the story ) are remarkable from a legal point of view. I BELIEVE that examining that part of the story is valuable in that regard.

I see also that the book is loaded with practical examples of dealing with the psychopath, but the book itself is polarizing enough that neither side sees those things.

Theists and Atheists alike seem to miss that while they argue about other aspects.
02-28-2012, 09:51 AM
(02-27-2012 01:28 PM)NonEntity Wrote:  
(02-27-2012 10:20 AM)Marc Stevens Wrote:  No, you asserted everything about religion required a lack of evidence/faith and you know that's not true. If I misunderstood your post, I apologize, that's how I remember it anyway and that is what the "BS" referred to. I thought we had some email/IM about this already.

Any assertion/generalizaion everything about all religions requires faith or belief without evidence is obviously inaccurate.

Sigh.

I have said over and over and over and over... that I don't care what you believe. What I have an issue with is the METHODOLOGY of "faith" as a tool of thought. I've said this every which way I can think of, but you want to make it about gods and such. Fine.

If the I.R.S. people have faith in their ideas you shouldn't be challenging them. It is apparently not acceptable behavior.

- NonE

If you didn't quote my post I could not have known this was supposed to be a response. I didn't mention anything about gods in the post, so I can't understand what your problem is.

[general post now, not addressed to anyone in particular] I probably just need to stop going to this forum except to activate accounts and delete spambots. The breakdown in communication is only getting worse, I wanted to avoid that and asked politely, even wasted time writing an article about this. But, the god/religion issue seems obsessive with some here, a few just can't stop posting about it. Okay, that's a part of the internet, not much you can do. I know it would be easier to just ban/delete a few accounts, but I don't want to do that, so I hit the ignore button instead and hope the constant posting of god/religion will not continue to drive people away.

I thought this forum could be a place where we could network and help each other out, instead, a few have to make almost every single thread about god/religion. And I think about all the time I spent, not getting paid, to set this up after it was hacked (not to mention all the time spent trying to fix it before the site went down). Well, it's at the point it's not worth my free time anymore. To have the silly personal attacks, that I'm a hypocrite, mentally ill, incapable of rational thought, from people who could not extend even a little courtesy in the first place, is just not worth my time anymore.

And no, the word retard was not used on this forum as far as I know, but describing people as "mentally ill" and "incapable of rational thought" really means the same thing. I wanted to avoid all the crap from so many other forums. Yeah, I know, didn't work out too well.

If government services were valuable and the market wanted them, they wouldn't be provided on a compulsory basis.
02-28-2012, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 10:15 AM by boyntonstu.)
"If government services were valuable and the market wanted them, they wouldn't be provided on a compulsory basis."

Do you consider people who read the above and who believe that the system is fine as it is, "incapable of rational thought" ?
02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
(02-28-2012 09:51 AM)Marc Stevens Wrote:  I thought this forum could be a place where we could network and help each other out, instead, a few have to make almost every single thread about god/religion.

Some seem to be attempting to create voluntary society in their own image, or they could just be in the employ of the State ( spoilers for the man ). Their intent doesn't really matter imo, but I don't see it as wholly negative. To me it's like having a persecutor to face and mix words with, without the direct threat of violence. A form of role playing if you will.
02-28-2012, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 11:35 AM by Habenae Est Dominatus.)
(02-28-2012 09:51 AM)Marc Stevens Wrote:  [general post now, not addressed to anyone in particular] I probably just need to stop going to this forum except to activate accounts and delete spambots.

I thought this forum could be a place where we could network and help each other out

And I think about all the time I spent, not getting paid, to set this up after it was hacked (not to mention all the time spent trying to fix it before the site went down).

He's frazzled. How many of you have your own websites? Forums?

How many of you understand the amount of time this takes. I do. Do you think maybe you should have to agree to terms such as these in order to be allowed to register?
http://www.synapticsparks.info/dialog/in...?topic=4.0

BTW, Mr. Stevens, that contract has the spammers deleting:not deleting their own accounts at better than a 10:1 ratio.

Since my stuff is USA fed tax related so I don't have to have the site open to the world, so I use .htaccess commands to block entire subnets used by spammers. If you are not aware of the technique or your webmaster is not aware of them, I would suggest becoming aware. In your case, I would suggest just blocking single IP addresses as they make themselves known as spammers attack launch sites.

I'm not a webmaster. I play one on the internet.