How to live with Mystery.
Current time: 12-17-2017, 12:33 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: NonEntity
Last Post: NonEntity
Replies: 2
Views: 1641

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Jonah Lehrer Wrote:We now know enough to know that we will never know everything. This is why we need art: it teaches us to how live with mystery. Only the artist can explore the ineffable without offering us an answer, for sometimes there is no answer.

- NonE

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 10:00 AM by eye2i2hear.)
RE: How to live with Mystery.
That re-minded me (which doesn't necessarily mean a thing) of the Heinlein quote:
according to Wikiquote, Robert A. Heinlein Wrote:I think that science fiction, even the corniest of it, even the most outlandish of it, no matter how badly it's written, has a distinct therapeutic value because all of it has as its primary postulate that the world does change. I cannot overemphasize the importance of that idea.

(Science Fiction writing is an art, no?)

Perhaps the two most vital things to come to peace with: sometimes there are no answers, and life is change...?

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2012, 10:19 AM
RE: How to live with Mystery.
(03-08-2012 09:57 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  Perhaps the two most vital things to come to peace with: sometimes there are no answers, and life is change...?

Which reminds me of that wonderful saying which presents "truth" in the form of a contradiction:

The only constant is change.

- NonE

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user