"Play the Golden Gate Bridge," [blog/article]
Current time: 04-19-2014, 08:08 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: eye2i2hear
Last Post: Dionysus
Replies: 3
Views: 1130

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-22-2012, 08:55 AM
SFGate Wrote:"Play the Golden Gate Bridge"

Up close, the Golden Gate Bridge is not the graceful beauty it seems from a distance. It is noisy. It hums with traffic and bellows sometimes with the sounds of foghorns.
At other times, the wind whistles through its cables, and in the background is a constant sound of the cries of seabirds, not to mention the Pacific Ocean.
Musicians look at the bridge differently. Mickey Hart, the former Grateful Dead drummer, sees the Golden Gate Bridge as a "giant wind harp." He plans to be at Crissy Field on...the bridge's 75th birthday, to perform an original composition.

...cont'd
[Image: ba-bridgemusic21_SFC0110920392_part6.jpg]
Quote:Doug McKechnie (left) and Paul de Benedictis of the S.F. Synthesizer Ensemble
record the tones produced by striking different parts of the Golden Gate Bridge
with a rubber mallet earlier this month.

"Forum winners are those who understand the power of triggered emotions and that the sole purpose of an argument is to stray as far as humanly possible from issues and to stay laser focused on belittling your rival with the choicest of pejoratives." ~Srini Chandra
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2012, 09:29 AM
RE: "Play the Golden Gate Bridge," [blog/article]
(05-22-2012 08:55 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  
[Image: ba-bridgemusic21_SFC0110920392_part6.jpg]
Quote:Doug McKechnie (left) and Paul de Benedictis of the S.F. Synthesizer Ensemble
record the tones produced by striking different parts of the Golden Gate Bridge
with a rubber mallet earlier this month.

I'm surprised he didn't get surrounded and shot from multiple angles by drone black helicopters for being a tururist.

- NonE

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
05-22-2012, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2012 09:38 AM by eye2i2hear.)
(05-22-2012 09:29 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  I'm surprised he didn't get surrounded and shot from multiple angles by drone black helicopters for being a tururist.

I'm sure there are sum Bureaucrats drafting Legislation to protect u.s. from such Red Alert Terrartists per getting said drones in the air for next time, as we speaktype/read...

"Forum winners are those who understand the power of triggered emotions and that the sole purpose of an argument is to stray as far as humanly possible from issues and to stay laser focused on belittling your rival with the choicest of pejoratives." ~Srini Chandra
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Um, what are you two caterpillars doing goofing off when you should be applying for law school? Bruce Sloane is not gonna be happy. For shame.

He's noble enough to know what's right
But weak enough not to choose it
He's wise enough to win the world
But fool enough to lose it
He's a New World man - Rush
Find all posts by this user