Ayurvedic treatment for asthma
Current time: 12-18-2014, 02:30 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: ken
Last Post: madthumbs
Replies: 6
Views: 1430

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-21-2011, 03:01 AM
Irwin Antony Tigga was an asthma patient. He experienced breathing problems frequently and was hospitalised many a time. He had lived in metros like Mumbai and Calcutta before coming to Kerala, the land of Ayurveda. Once settled in Kerala, he decided to approach an ayurvedic health resortto undergo treatment for asthma.
``The Ayurvedic practitioner asked me about my diet and lifestyle first,’’ says Irwin. ``He said that mine is the dry type asthma and I should take a lot of fluid type food to increase the moisture and oxygen content in the body, he adds. Apart from the diet changes he underwent a Swasa kasa treatment there which included body massage, urovasti, pizhichil, nasyam etc; he felt much relief to his breathing problems after the therapy.
Ayurveda classifies asthma into many categories such as dry type, infection type, congestive type etc and offers different treatment to each of them. Dry type of asthma is found in those who are sensitive to cold climates and have a frail body, says Radhika Chakravarthy, an Ayurvedic student.
``Ayurveda says that dry asthma is a result of an imbalance in air element in our body while the infection type is caused by an imbalance of fire element,’’ says Radhika. The reason for the congestion type asthma is attributed to the imbalance of water element in the body and Ayurveda is well equipped to cure any kind of asthma, she adds.
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Re: Ayurvedic treatment for asthma
I found something out about asthma while researching it for my cousin who had it, the food coloring in foods can cause it, along with some other chemicals in food. Especially Sodium Benzoate, which is in almost every soda/drink and other foods, as a preservative. Cutting these things out of your diet should help your body have a chance to heal, along with a good detox.

My favorite detox is to just make really yummy hot salsa. Put some grapeseed oil in it(makes it hotter though, beware), sea salt, and limes and lemons, and hot peppers, and cheyenne powder, some dried chilis chopped up, etc. etc. If you want, I'll post my recipe for yummy salsa that's also great for cleaning you out. Just make sure you use lots of cilantro, it collects heavy metals and etc. as it goes through you, it's great for you.
01-21-2011, 07:18 PM
My wife has Asthma and trouble breathing when she sleeps. After researching a while I came up with a solution of 1 ounce of 35% H2O2 diluted in 1 Gallon of distilled water in a misting humidifier in the bedroom at night. It works great. not only has my wife not suffered from symptoms, she sleeps great. One funny side effect.....I had the humidifier on my side of the bed when I was experimenting with amounts. 3 ounces for a week with the humidifier 2 feet from my head blowing on me. What do you think happened? Blonde highlights in my hair!!!!! LOL LOL LOL What a goof I am! My wife isn't amused since I look half my age already and now I look like a 20 year old surfer bum!!!! I guess thats a good side effect!!!!!

Remember to put the humidifier on the other side of the room!!!!!! :frobro:
03-12-2011, 01:00 AM
This is not an exhaustive list, but it gives us an idea of what kinds of things to stock in a low fat kitchen so that we have flavorful, nutritious ingredients on hand. Including nuts, seeds, oils and fatty fish in our diets is fine in moderation, as most of the fat from these sources is heart healthy.

low fat foods
03-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Sitopaladi churna and Pippali powder: They are helpful especially in the early stages of the condition. They give relief from the symptoms and help in healing you.
06-02-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: Ayurvedic treatment for asthma
There's a breathing exercise that stimulates production of certain hormones. Not only is it accepted by the Russian Government as a cure for Asthma; it's touted here by John Kennedy MD as a fast cure for High Blood Pressure. It's called the Buteyko method.

http://www.buteyko.com/
http://www.johnmkennedymd.com/breathe-technique.htm
Find all posts by this user