Kel's hubris!
Current time: 09-21-2017, 08:45 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: NonEntity
Last Post: eye2i2hear
Replies: 302
Views: 205825

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Kel's hubris!
12-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Kel's hubris!
Kel has had the audacity to imply that I am less than perfect. I will not stand for this! Do you HEAR ME?!?!? Harrumph!

And to prove my exquisite wonderiferousitude let me regale you with a quote from an article that was written specifically about my incredible brain.

Dealing with the Danger of Cognitive Hubris Wrote:The human mind can achieve fantastic things. One of them is “…our almost unlimited ability to ignore our ignorance” as Daniel Kahneman notes in Thinking, Fast and Slow. Our cognitive hubris allows us to think that we’re smarter than we actually are, to stubbornly deny the overwhelming evidence that human cognition is in fact a messy subjective mix of facts and feelings, intellect and instinct, reason and gut reaction. Pure, objective, analytical ‘just-the-facts’ Cartesian reason is a wonderful goal – “God’s crowning gift to man” as Sophocles put it – but it’s an unachievable myth. And believing in it is dangerous.

So THERE! If you have any doubts about my perfection, or maybe Kel's, you can read the rest of the article.

- NonEvasiveTwit

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 07:30 PM
RE: Kel's hubris!
OMG it is ABOUT TIME!!! I have been waiting FOREVER for someone to start a thread in my honor. Especially one that honors my hubris brilliance!

I mean you have a thread dedicated solely for your entertainment. What do I have? Until NOW!

I simply cannot wait to fill this up with posts about nonsensical idiocies NO ONE gives a crap about, while repeatedly viewing my own thread ten thousand times to delude myself into believing people give a "shidt" and I matter!

And even better, I can elude reasonable questions and yell at the people who ask them like a maniac!

Hooray!!!

Giddy doesn't even BEGIN to describe how I feel!HeartHeartHeart

Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to throw in your two cents? Somebody's making a penny here....
12-15-2012, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 07:44 PM by Dionysus.)
NonE:

This Cognitive Hubris and the Dangers thereof is pretty in-trick-it stuff. Are you sure you can handle it??? Tounge

Kel:

Congratulations on your esteemed honor. You must be proud. To celebrate, I'm going to go change my socks-- what an experience! Tounge

He's noble enough to know what's right
But weak enough not to choose it
He's wise enough to win the world
But fool enough to lose it
He's a New World man - Rush
12-16-2012, 02:29 PM
(12-16-2012 01:25 PM)gearheadmm Wrote:  Kelp, My computer isn't fast enough to make 10,000 hits.
What you got?
This is YOUR chance.
Go for it.
The Kelp mind can create wonderful things.
Try and keep it positive.
Your turn, move a lever!

You don't even have to come near 10,000 hits,
just keep up with the entertaining thread.
100 a day should do it.
http://americannationalmilitia.com/

GO LAY DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[this is fun]Big Grin

Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to throw in your two cents? Somebody's making a penny here....
12-16-2012, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 03:40 PM by Dionysus.)
No, Kel, it's you who needs to lie down. And you need to devote yourself to the teachings of Velikovsky. Okay... he was a total nutcase whose imbecilic theories have zero basis in astronomy and physics. But that's besides the point. I demand that you study Velikovsky, accept that everything he claims is true and that everything in the Bible™ is 100 percent true (even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff), and stop being such a sycophant of Marc the cult leader. And stop trying to find your own answers and stop questioning things. All is for the best. Believe in what you're told until your final breath. Get it? Got it? Good. Now lie down and piss off, you donkey. And the same goes for NonE.

12-16-2012, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 03:55 PM by NonEntity.)
WOOF!

Big Grin

Velikovsky? He's the one that made those awesomely huge helicopters, isn't he? If he can do that he obviously deserves my respect. I'd get laid for him ANY day!

- NonE

12-16-2012, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 04:09 PM by Kel.)

(12-15-2012 07:44 PM)Dionysus Wrote:  Kel:

Congratulations on your esteemed honor. You must be proud. To celebrate, I'm going to go change my socks-- what an experience! Tounge

Thanks Dio, and that's a good idea as they probably needed changing. I change my socks every hour on the hour, regardless of where I'm at. It's just part of my brilliance and one of the many things that makes me better than you and everyone else.

As to the other things you were saying,

¡¡¡¡¡¡BULLSHIDT!!!!!!

12-16-2012, 04:02 PM
(12-16-2012 03:55 PM)Kel Wrote:  I change my socks every hour on the hour, regardless of where I'm at.

Socks are where itzat. More HITS for Kel. YEAH TEAM.

- NonHelicopter

12-16-2012, 04:18 PM
I just gave Kel's thread a quick 25 hits by hitting "refresh."

WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, HEADGEAR!!! WE WILL WIN THIS THREAD BATTLE!!!
RRRRRR!! WAAAAAAH!!!!

12-16-2012, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 10:13 PM by Kel.)

(12-16-2012 09:57 PM)gearheadmm Wrote:  GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!
With emphasis, not yelling.

(12-16-2012 04:18 PM)Dionysus Wrote:  I just gave Kel's thread a quick 25 hits by hitting "refresh."

WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, HEADGEAR!!! WE WILL WIN THIS THREAD BATTLE!!!
RRRRRR!! WAAAAAAH!!!!
Cheater

BULLSHIDT!!!
Answer the goddamn question or
GO! LAY! DOWN!
NOW!

Hey gearhead, better GET BACK TO ME. SOON! Before the WORLD ENDS FRIDAY!!!

12-17-2012, 02:20 AM

12-17-2012, 09:39 AM
(12-16-2012 09:57 PM)gearheadmm Wrote:  Cheater

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater?!??!? Them’s fightin’ words where I come from! Good thing we’re not where I come from.

12-17-2012, 11:45 AM
(12-17-2012 02:20 AM)notavoter Wrote:  

I love Looney Tunes! I once had a neighbor who looked remarkably like Sam the Sheepdog. He annoyed the hell out of me, but just the sight of him made me laugh.

I award you 10 points for the clip. However, I personally never liked Wile E's voice and prefer the episodes where he doesn't talk. So for that I deduct 4 points.

That's a total of 6 out of 10, or 60%. Unsatisfactory, but room for improvement.

12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
(12-17-2012 10:14 PM)gearheadmm Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26e5PqrCe...r_embedded

BULLSHIDT!!!!

Don't change the SUBJECT! YOU still have my sweater and I WANT IT BACK! I said you could BORROW IT, not HAVE IT! You STOLE it and I want it NOW! You're a THIEF!

- the Very BRILLIANT Drake!

12-18-2012, 08:46 PM
^^ You still want that sweater even after he's been wearing it? You don't know where that sweater's been. Imagine all the sick and/or depraved things he's done in that sweater. Why, I'll bet he interfered with interstate commerce. For shame.