Is applicability of law an ELEMENT of a crime? NO!
Current time: 09-19-2017, 11:48 AM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Author: Juan Galt
Last Post: Juan Galt
Replies: 255
Views: 17677

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
06-01-2017, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 11:21 AM by Juan Galt.)
This thread will be updated momentarily. Stay tuned.

There's a law against murder, if you haven't committed murder the law doesn't apply to you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: Is applicability of law an ELEMENT of a crime? NO!
(06-01-2017 07:44 AM)Juan Galt Wrote:  This thread will be updated momentarily. Stay tuned.

http://marcstevens.net/board/thread-8963...l#pid66902

Can anybody delegate an authority they don't have?
Was anybody born with innate authority over anybody else?
Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

Show me my personally signed contract wherein I consented to be governed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2017, 08:11 AM
(06-01-2017 07:47 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 07:44 AM)Juan Galt Wrote:  This thread will be updated momentarily. Stay tuned.

http://marcstevens.net/board/thread-8963...l#pid66902

Where is that grasp of the obvious, Habby? Why would I claim that applicability of law is not an element when everybody already knows that? Why would I even bring it up? What purpose would it serve except to show ignorance?

Do you Habby, have authoritative evidence that proves applicability of law is an ELEMENT of a crime? Perhaps a law? A rule? A legal decision? What legal authority are you relying upon for your insinuation that applicability of law is an element of a crime?
06-01-2017, 08:36 AM
The concept you've forbidden from discussion: logic.

- NonE the severely deluded Sister Sleazious .).

"I just don't understand how this happens." Undecided
06-01-2017, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 08:57 AM by Juan Galt.)
(06-01-2017 08:36 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  The concept you've forbidden from discussion: logic.

Is that your authoritative legal evidence? Logic? Which law, legal rule or decision establishes that concept is an element in determining applicability? We are discussing a legal matter, aren't we? Why wouldn't a legal matter use legal logical reasoning? Wouldn't that be logical?

You might be starting to realize what I mean by "flawed legal approach"?
06-01-2017, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 09:07 AM by Habenae Est Dominatus.)
(06-01-2017 08:36 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  The concept you've forbidden from discussion: logic.

Now, now, NonE.
[Image: tenor.gif]
You used logic to figure that out about Dishonest Juan.

(06-01-2017 07:40 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  This question is a direct challenge to what Dishonest Juan wrote:
Can any action or inaction be a crime if no law applies to the actor?

Dishonest Juan refuses to answer this question.
With good reason as such is for dishonest people.

The question exposes the fact that applicability of the law IS an element of the alleged crime.

No law - no crime.
No applicability - no crime.
(06-01-2017 08:11 AM)Juan Galt Wrote:  Where is that grasp of the obvious, Habby? Why would I claim that applicability of law is not an element when everybody already knows that? Why would I even bring it up? What purpose would it serve except to show ignorance?

Do you Habby, have authoritative evidence that proves applicability of law is an ELEMENT of a crime? Perhaps a law? A rule? A legal decision? What legal authority are you relying upon for your insinuation that applicability of law is an element of a crime?

I direct the reader to notice the words in the original linked post that Dishonest Juan ignored.

Then how did authority nobody had get delegated to those who call themselves government?

06-01-2017, 09:41 AM
(06-01-2017 07:44 AM)Juan Galt Wrote:  Is applicability of law an ELEMENT of a crime? NO!

Does this mean that my cat can be prosecuted for jaywalking in Cambodia?
06-01-2017, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 10:06 AM by Juan Galt.)
(06-01-2017 08:59 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  Can any action or inaction be a crime if no law applies to the actor?
The question exposes the fact that applicability of the law [b]IS
an element of the alleged crime.

What legal authority supports your question and claim? Questions are not facts or evidence of anything. Assumed answers are not facts or evidence. Technically legally, laws apply to certain actions or non-actions. There's nobody named in the law - just actions. It's not the "actor" but his actions that are the target of a law. Evidence must be presented to establish who the actor is and if he/she committed the action. Just stating "this than that" is not really considered legal authority in this issue is it? That's not a legal law, rule or decision, is it?

You are claiming that "applicability of the law IS an element of the alleged crime", right? You then must know how applicability is proven, right? Then tell me -

HOW is applicability of the law determined and proven which would make it be or not be an element of a crime?

I answered Habby's question. Does anybody else notice how dishonest Habby refuses to answer any questions to support his claim? Is he trying to deflect? Is he afraid to admit he has no answers that make legal sense when you apply legal reasoning - you know NOT legally flawed? We are discussing a legal matter, aren't we? Why wouldn't a legal matter use legal logical reasoning? Wouldn't that be logical?
06-01-2017, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 10:09 AM by Habenae Est Dominatus.)
(06-01-2017 10:02 AM)Juan Galt Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 08:59 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  Can any action or inaction be a crime if no law applies to the actor?
The question exposes the fact that applicability of the law [b]IS
an element of the alleged crime.

What legal authority supports your question and claim? Questions are not facts or evidence of anything. Assumed answers are not facts or evidence. Technically legally, laws apply to certain actions or non-actions. There's nobody named in the law - just actions. It's not the "actor" but his actions that are the target of a law. Evidence must be presented to establish who the actor is and if he/she committed the action. Just stating "this than that" is not really considered legal authority in this issue is it? That's not a legal law, rule or decision, is it?

You are claiming that "applicability of the law IS an element of the alleged crime", right? You then must know how applicability is proven, right? Then tell me -

HOW is applicability of the law determined and proven which would make it be or not be an element of a crime?

I answered Habby's question. Does anybody else notice how dishonest Habby refuses to answer any questions to support his claim? Is he trying to deflect? Is he afraid to admit he has no answers that make legal sense when you apply legal reasoning - you know NOT legally flawed? We are discussing a legal matter, aren't we? Why wouldn't a legal matter use legal logical reasoning? Wouldn't that be logical?

True or false: No law - no crime?

06-01-2017, 10:17 AM
(06-01-2017 09:41 AM)tr1 Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 07:44 AM)Juan Galt Wrote:  Is applicability of law an ELEMENT of a crime? NO!

Most certainly NOT! (But Thailand is a whole nuther matter.) Dunce

06-01-2017, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 10:53 AM by Juan Galt.)
(06-01-2017 10:08 AM)Habenae Est Dominatus Wrote:  True or false: No law - no crime?

Please clarify. Are you saying that a action that harms someone or something is not a "crime" (an action or activity that, although not illegal, is considered to be evil, shameful, or wrong) just because there is no law against it? What definition of "crime" are you using?

I'll try to make it easier for you to get it. There's a law against murder, if you haven't committed murder the law doesn't apply to you. That help?
06-01-2017, 10:25 AM
(06-01-2017 10:17 AM)NonEntity Wrote:  

Most certainly NOT! (But Thailand is a whole nuther matter.) Dunce

But your Jay can be persecuted of catwalking in Juanovia.

(Sorry,I just felt a burning need to add some intelligent discussion to this thread.)

06-01-2017, 10:31 AM

You're funny.LOL I'm not sure but it may mean your cat can be eaten in Cambodia.
06-01-2017, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 10:53 AM by eye2i2hear.)
Any one else noticing how often Juan Gee includes the word opensezame? Oh, no, wait, my "bad"; he goes with legal instead.

'cause, you know, those he's here rerunning conmercials for as a Pavlovian loyal follower have STATEd So..?

(if only he'd honorably civilly non-frivolously┬┐┬╣ answer why it's not The Koran instead for U.s...? i'll use that Argument; is that not "fair"? [sic])

So Juan G, what is it precisely that you "in" repetitively including the term "legal" hope to communicate? Or is it, to signal?
(smoke signal? signal what you've been smoking?)

Have a nice nap![Image: puppy-kisses-smiley.gif?1292867658]

1. i would have gone/went with "responsively", but you know how The Believers hear such; abbracadabra, and you're "In"!! (if it's not the term that does the trick, might it be the Grinning Cop ? --noting, his Boss/God/Ruler will Have To Rule whether It Is a Question or Not...?)

Is it voluntary? (because if it isn't, what inherently is it?)
And can it be voluntary, if there's indoctrination, intimidation, coercion, threats & initiation of violence?
[not to be confused with asking: can it be said to be "voluntary" even when such is present.?]
06-01-2017, 10:57 AM
(06-01-2017 10:47 AM)eye2i2hear Wrote:  So Juan G, what is it precisely that you "in" repetitively including the term "legal" hope to communicate?

Well, we're having a discussion on a legal matter, right? Why wouldn't I use the qualifier "legal"? That's logical isn't it?