- Delilah from San Diego: jury trial – deputy AG brought in to help deny Brady request, cop’s credibility “not relevant”, retired judge Zimmerman brought in from retirement, trial delayed as new prosecutor brought in at last minute; before jury selection challenging Mark Denise had no evidence to prove code applicable; double bind judge assuming jurisdiction not presuming innocent of code violations; witnesses, jury and judge don’t know what objective standard of proof is; Samson impeached as witness, still allowed to testify; no witnesses permitted to testify the code is applicable; Delilah told jury there is no reason to testify when jurisdiction has not been proven; judge: courts always have jurisdiction.
- Mike from Idaho: pretrial conference Monday, motion to preclude witnesses declared incompetent by prosecutor and judge; prosecutor Lori Hendrickson wants voir dire denied to Michael; What do we do/say if the judge threatens us with contempt if we raise the issue there are no facts proving the code is applicable? Are you threatening me with violence for challenging an element of the crime?; always go from vague to specific and ask for clarifications; how can you assume the code applies at the same time you’re presuming innocent?
- Don from Portland: traffic ticket, trial by declaration, call cop or prosecutor and ask for facts.
- Peter from Montana: presence in state; when asking for facts the code is applicable, do not answer questions, insist on facts; when you have a burden with the motion to dismiss, you meet the burden by asking prosecutor for facts; denial of discovery, judge thinks defendants have to prove prosecutors must give discovery.
- Rich from Austin: conversation with prosecutor on a trial de novo, if appeal is successful, prosecutor threatens to add seven charges, refuses to talk about discovery, what facts the code applies? “Next question.”
- Imran from Arizona: contracts (plea agreements), not valid under duress, fraud, cases.
- Matt from Austin: recording hearings prior notice; discovery request not responded to; call prosecutor.